Meet The Devil...

Rex is someone you would be scared of. Though I do feel safe with him, many friends of mine have a weird feeling about him. He has a nice built and could carry off anything and everything he wears. I would sometimes be a little -- just a little -- jealous of his confidence. Perhaps the most striking feature is his eyes. They won't give away any emotion but the intensity has the power that could crush people in a jiffy.

All kinds of thoughts besieged me while walking toward his house. What did I do? Did I say anything to anyone? Did someone say something about me? I could see his apartment. The moment I see it, I feel shocks, the flashbacks... When he was angry. I didn't want to face that day again. Not now, not ever. I could feel my hands getting cold. My hand involuntarily touched the wound on my back -- which is now healed - remembering the pain, the silent tears.

Part of me wanted to run away, but the other part, the stupid curious part told me to walk toward the door and . . .

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnngggggg...

After what seemed like zillions of years he opened the door, yawning.

"Hey" I mumbled, afraid if I should go inside or not. He is really unpredictable sometimes and I didn't want to get on his nerves too soon. Try never.

No Answer.... Okay... Let's try once more...

"I bought chicken casserole for someone" I said, hoping to lighten up the mood. I was beginning to blank out. I tend to go blank when the situation is grim. Moreover who wants to get beaten up?

"What did you tell Elle? I have told you to stay away from her" he roared, starting to walk towards me. I quickly move backwards thinking what may have offended him.

Elle was his Ex. She had cheated on him with some other guy and they had broken up a year ago. Recently, they made amends and tried to be friends because of their huge circle of common friends. I did have a problem with it at first, but after Rex promised me that he won't go anywhere without me or talk to her unnecessarily, I was okay. So, the three of us, on various occasions, have met. Though she is really good to me, she would never back down from picking a fight. So Rex and I had decided to maintain a distance from her.

"I am talking to you dumb shit" he screamed causing me to jump out of my thoughts.

Where to start? What to tell him? Shit, Amaya, say something before he hurts you.

"Uh.No. Nothing at all! Why would I say anything stupid to her? I mean we talked about general stuff...you know... c..  clo..  clothes, shoes...girl stuff" I managed to stammer.

"Why are you so tensed when you know you didn't say anything wrong?" he hissed, "Tell me. Now! Or I won't feel guilty throwing you out of the house" he added.

We both knew he wouldn't do that -- I at least hoped so. But the plan sure worked.

"SHE WAS INSTIGATING ME!! TALKING SHIT ABOUT YOU! I HAD TO SAY SOMETHING" I managed to blurt out. Tears were starting to build up but I didn't want to show him my weakness. That's exactly what he needed to crush me completely. Make me feel like a loser. Once again.

"Really now? I got to hear a different story about my girlfriend whining about how horrible her boyfriend is!" he exclaimed. Seeing me silent he started to remove his belt.

OH SHIT!

*** Okay... not much of humor eh? well, u gotta wait for good things.. :D anyway....plz comment. I really have lovely fellow writers who helped me build the confidence i needed to get past the Introduction.... Tc guys.. PEACE OUT !!!