"C'mere."

She climbed into my lap and allowed me to cradle her as we both cried to each other.

"Ya' not goin', ok? You stayin' right hea' wit' me, ok?" I cried kissing the top of her head.

"I'm gonna die Aug, I'm gonna die, ok?!" She yelled clutching onto my shirt.

"Kali-,"

"I'm scared Aug.....I'm not ready."

"And you don't have ta' be," I spoke softly lifting her chin,"You don't have ta' be ready no time soon. Ya' can't let dis' situation get da' best of you Kali, you gotta listen ta' Mel when he tell ya' ta' keep pushin' and be self made."

"I don't wanna leave you guys." She cried,"I wanna be somethin'."

"Baybeh girl you're my inspiration, ya' know dat'? If it wasn't fa' you I wouldn't have eva' rememba'd my baybehs. You mean so much ta' so many people mama. You gotta stop thinkin' dis' gone stop you from reachin' yo' dreams my love. Not only do you have God, but you got yo' team and ma' dukes watchin' ova' you. So baybeh trust meh' when I say you gone live a long life."

She looked at me with tears streaming down her face and a face of pure fear.

"P-Promise?"

"I promise my love."

She let out a sigh of relief as she laid her head back on my chest,"O-Ok."

She was afraid to die, afraid of leaving everything she loved and cherished behind; and what little kid wouldn't be. She hasn't even gotten a chance to experience life as a child. She always had to be a fighter. Just like Mani never got that chance to be a real kid.

They never could just relax and let life pass them by without a care. The didn't have that luxury.

No child should ever have to fear if they're going to wake up or die in their sleep. No child should have to sit on the sideline while all the other little kids have a fun time. Especially not a free spirited loving child like Kaliana, she deserved the best childhood in the world...

One that I plan to give her.

"Wea-Wea' my sista'?" She hiccupped.

"She packin' up y'all's clothes fa' da' trip." I said hoping it would brighten her mood.

"Gosh, I can't wait ta' see ery'body." She yawned.

"Ya' can't?"

She nodded,"Yes I really, really, really missed my family."

"I know dey' missed y'all too munch."

"You sound like uncle Mel when ya' say dat'." She toyed with the end of my shirt.

"Ya' want me ta' stop?" I questioned trying to see her little face that was buried in my chest.

"No, I like it....makes me feel like he talkin' ta' me through you." She smiled up at me making me smile back down at her-I mean I didn't even have to think about it, my lips just formed into a smile looking at her.

"Go ta' sleep mama, imma be right hea' when ya' wake up."

"Okay.....Aug?"

"Yea?"

"C-Can you sing ta' me, like ya' use to."

I smiled,"Fa'sho munch, what'cha wanna hea'?" I queried sliding up in the bed so that I was now laying down, while she rested on my chest.

"It don't matta' long as my Auggie pooh sing it." She snuggled closer into me.

I wanted her to know that I needed her and that her and Mani were exactly what I was missing in life. I wanted her to know that from the day I was born they were meant to come into my life, they were meant for me. Before them I was just some fucked up kid with an attitude to match. A rude misunderstood kid with a grudge against the world, but then they came along... and changed me they did.