Mia had changed the most. Her hair was lighter, and a muted blonde color. She was thinner, and wearing make up—big mistake in my book. She shouldn’t have been hiding her face behind make up; I learned that from Josh when I was in California. Natural beauty is so much prettier than any amount of product applied. But the thing that I noticed about Mia, and liked the most, were her shoes. She had on these neon green Vans, and they were beautiful. Absolutely gorgeous.

      I happened to be a shoe-oholic. I had a severe addiction to shoes. In my closet, I had over thirty pairs. Like, actually. I liked other forms of clothing too, but there was something about shoes that had the ability to capture my heart and eyes. Shoes were life. Well, not really, but they were a very important aspect of it.

      “I like your shoes,” I complimented Mia, standing still.

      “Who, mine?” Mia asked, glancing up to meet my eyes.

      “Yeah, they’re epic,” I nodded.

      “Who are you?” she questioned, immediately looking me over objectively.

      “Jules,” I introduced.

      “Okay, Jules, why are you here?” her eyes continued to scrutinize me.

      “Because I invited her over,” Izzy laughed, flicking the girl who was interrogating me.

      “Uh huh. How do you know her?” Mia continued.

      “Well, actually, we all know her,” Izzy said.

      “We do?” Owen asked, looking up from the TV screen for half a millisecond.

      “Yeah. You guys remember Julia Tylers, right?” Izzy went on.

      “Yeah, she was a total a bitch,” Logan muttered, not even coming close to marring my confidence. I had been called way worse.

      “Guilty as charged,” I said quietly, with a smirk.

      “Julia?” Kim said slowly, realizing what I had said.

      “Hey!” I smiled.

      “Oh. My. God. This isn’t happening. This isn’t happening. This can’t be happening! Izzy! Why is she here?” Mia demanded, panicing. Honestly, if I were in her position, I’d be freaking out too.

      “Chill, Mia. She’s cool. Look, Jules is—”

      “Can I explain, and apologize, actually?” I requested.

      “Uh, sure,” Izzy agreed.

      “Okay. So, hi, I’m Jules Tylers. I moved to California for two years. A lot of stuff happened. I’m back, and I’m not going back to being to the same, fake girl that I was before. I’m sorry for misleading everyone to believe that bitch was actually me. And, I’m also sorry for treating you guys like shit. This time, I want to be me, and I want to do it right.” I did. I wanted to do it right, and not repeat anything again. I was going to do it right, this time.

      “And who would ‘me’ be?” Kim asked uncertainly.

      “The girl no one knew existed beneath the Abercrombie perfume and Hollister short shorts. The girl who I really am,” I sighed, determined to not fall in the same pattern as I had before.