“Jules, that’s all,” I interjected, hoping to escape the unwanted baggage that came with my last name. 

      “Hey,” Aiden smirked, giving me one of those douchey head nods as his eyes traveled over my figure.

      “So, are you two good?” the principal asked.

      “Yeah, I think so,” he answered, continuing to look me over as if I were a piece of meat.

      I slung my bag over a shoulder and bolted for the door, entering back into the busy scene of a hallway. Aiden followed closely behind, eventually catching up to me.

      “So, Jules, where exactly are you from?” he questioned, as I merely sighed, wondering if I was truly as forgetable as these people were making me out to be. Julia Tylers was a name everybody knew, and yet, here I was, two years later, completely unrecognized.

      “Here,” I returned simply.

      “I haven’t seen you around,” he commented, oblivious to whom he was really talking to.

      “I moved away for a year or two,” I shrugged, not having any interest in going into details.

      “Where?”

      “California.”

      “Sweet! A West Coast girl!” he said, pumping his fist in the air at his incredible discovery.

      “I’m an East Coast girl,” I rolled my eyes, shutting him down.

      “But you just said you lived in California, which makes you a West Coast girl,” he countered.

      “I also believe I just said that I’m from here, which makes me an East Coast girl.”

      “Are you into hot guys?” he changed the subject quickly, not dwelling on anything too long, for his attention span was quite short as I remembered it.

      “Depends; why, do you know any?”

      “I get it, you’re one of those defensive girls who thinks she’s better than everyone!” he proclaimed, as if he had figured me out. The thought amused me; someone actually figuring me out—ridiculous.

      “Wow, Aid-en,” I caught myself mid-sentence, “you so don’t know me!”

      “No, you’re right, I don’t, but I sure would love to!” he laughed at nothing in particular. 

      I was about to respond with a rather witty and clever comeback, when I heard, “Julia Tylers?” and froze at the realization of who had said my name. The girl who had called out to me was clearly as stunned as I, and walked towards us, a shocked look on her face. Of all people, it just so happened to be Emily; Emily Roberts, the one and only.

      “It’s Jules,” I corrected stiffly.

      “No, it’s Julia. What are you doing here?” she squeezed me into a tight hug. Aiden was too confused to question our actions, as I assumed he was trying to process everything that had occurred.

      “I moved back,” I said through pursed lips.

      “Wait a second... you’re Julia Tylers?! You look so… different!” Aiden said, finally realizing what was happening and who I was.

      “Yeah, two years tends to do that to people,” I replied sarcastically.

      “I remember you as the sl—quiet girl who was just another wannabe back in middle school!” Aiden laughed, though I didn’t find it all that funny.