“Are you planning on standing in the doorway all day?” he laughed lightly.

      “Possibly,” I mused.

      “Aw, how come you don’t want to go in?”

      “Because I don’t,” I said firmly. I didn’t want to enter the physical building, but, more importantly, I didn’t want to see the people within.

      “So, what did you say your last name was again?” he questioned.

      “I didn’t.”

      “Okay—what is your last name?” he prodded, starting to irritate me.

      “Doesn’t matter,” I said through clenched teeth, trying to restrain myself. An invisibility cloak would be a useful thing to have at a time like this. 

      “You’re right, considering, when we’re married, you’ll be taking mine,” he gave me another cocky smirk. One of the things I had always hated about Chase: his self confidence level was way too high for his own good.

      “That wasn’t as funny or charming as you had wanted it to be,” I pointed out.

      “Actually, I thought it was both very funny and charming on my part,” he flashed me another smug grin.

      “Okay, how about you go in, and I stay here?” I proposed.

      “Not a chance! Come on!” he grasped my hand and pulled me inside the building. As I took my first unwanted steps into the place I would be recieving an education, I could feel my nerves running. Those butterflies in my stomach were now erupting. In and out, in and out. I could do this.

      “Please don’t touch me,” I said, detaching his hand from mine.

      “I’ve never had anyone say those words to me in my life!” he gasped, laughing.

      “Well, are you planning on touching me again?” I asked.

      “Yes, I do believe I am.”

      “Then those words will soon become very familiar to you,” my eyes scanned the sight before me, nothing out of the ordinary. Students were buzzing about, lockers lined the halls, and slightly grimy tiles lined the floors.

      “So, Jules, do you know where to go for classes?” he pestered, not leaving me alone.

      “Like I said, I’m not new,” I stated, walking away from the boy I once knew and heading for the front office.

      “How may I help you?” a lady with wrinkled skin resembling an unironed shirt asked once I had finally reached my destination.

      “I’m new here, and was told to report to the office,” I gulped, a hum of activity going through my mind, leaving me in a nervous state.

      “What’s your name, dear?” she inquired, flipping through a few sheets of jumbled papers.

      “Julia Tylers,” I nearly whispered, praying that no one could hear.

      “Thank you. Just take a seat for now,” she instructed, pointing to the seats behind me. I cautiously sat down next to an empty seat, setting my backpack down in the void space. My finger was tapping on my knee uncontrollably, and my stomach was a knot.

      After five minutes of untolerable nerves, I finally heard a familiar voice speaking to the old lady in the office. “Yeah, my name’s Adam Tylers; you may remember me.”