All For Money - Chapter Twenty-Four

Chapter Twenty-Four

Lexi

"Lexi!"

"Oh my God!"

"Quick, someone call an ambulance!"

"Somebody go get a teacher!"

The frantic calls of everybody around me swirled in my head. It was all a blur, like they were all slurred together. It was quite confusing and disorienting, so much that I couldn't even identify who was speaking.

I swerved in and out of conciousness repeatedly. I had no idea that mild level of stress could do that to my body. My head hurt like crazy from it hitting the sidewalk, and i still felt weak, but besides that I felt fine.

Of course I wasn't though.

I tried to get my eyelids to open, and when I finally succeeded, I saw lots of students crowded around me. How did they know I was out here?

I heard the loud blaring on sirens and saw the red and blue lights above the ambulance flashing madly. I shut my eyes once again, and when I did open them, I was in the ambulance, so I couldn't have been asleep long.

I'd never felt more scared of what was wrong with me.

The paramedic saw me awake and he gripped my hand. "We're almost to the hospital, sweetie."

Hospital? I just passed out. It wasn't like I was shot.

 Before I was able to croak something out, the paramedic next to me put an oxygen mask on my face. I was confused but I shouldn't worry, they know what's best.

I heard one of the paramedics in the corner mumbling in coherent things under her breath. Whatever it was, the man gripping my hand tried to keep the gurney I was on steady.

The driver of the ambulance started to yell something and the ambulance's doors flew open. Both of the paramedics next to me ran with me on the gurney. It started to make me worry, obviously something was wrong with me.

Before I knew it, I felt the white light glare into my eyes and I was staring up at the ceiling. The paramedic held the oxygen mask to my face as they ran down the hall.

"Where are you taking me?" I croaked out, taking the oxygen mask off my face.

"You passed out and stopped breathing in the ambulance. We're taking tests as to what's wrong with you, of course," the paramedic. "Now keep that mask on your face."

They rolled me into a room with glass walls and hooked me up to a machine by shoving a needle in my wrist. Actually, i didn't mind. I'm not a fan of needles, but it still didn't bother me since after a second all pain was gone.

They kept the mask over my face as they left the room, being replaced with nurses. The paramedic who had been next to me and explanatory squeezed my hand before leaving. I could've sworn a rule in being a paramedic was not to get personal or emotional.

But who am I to judge?

The nurses messed with the monitors and took multiple shots. After a while, I just stared straight ahead, getting used to all the poking.

After about six shots for, what I presumed, different tests, they left me alone. I stared at all the band-aids on my arm and sighed.

I just really wished they would find out what's wrong quick.