All For Money - Chapter Twenty-One

IT'S OFF HOLD!

So, my sister lives in Virginia and Hurricane Irene is going straight to her, so if I'm a little slow updating today, it's because I'm checking the news to see if she's still okay and it didn't raise from Category 1.

Please understand.

The song over there kind of describes Lexi and Jared's relationship from Jared's perspective in future time. If you listen to it, it'll make more sense.

______________________

Chapter One

Zack

I was still so heavily confused.

It was like Lexi had completely forgotten all the things that had happened between us. Me breaking up with her, me suffocating Jared, her yelling at me, me teasing Stephen...it was like it never happened in her mind. It was almost like Jared wasn't even involved.

It was just us.

"How do you think he'll react?" Lexi asked nervously, cuddling next to me as we walked through the chilly air in the hospital parking lot.

"To what? Getting in a car wreck and being in a coma for a month, and during that month his girlfriend left him for the guy that choked him? Oh, I'm sure he'll be as happy as a little kid in a candy store," I said sarcastically.

"You know what I meant, Zack," she argued.

"Don't worry about it. Jared's a good guy. I'm sure he'll understand. After all, you said it yourself. He likes Dani," I reminded her.

She sighed. "I guess you're right." She looked up at me. "I still remember the first day we met so clearly."

"The diner or me kissing you to make you shut up?" I laughed. I still remembered both like the back of my hand. There was no way I could get how pretty she looked in the rain.

"You kissing me. Thank you, by the way."

"For what?" I asked.

"If you hadn't have kissed me and none of this happened, we wouldn't be where we are today," she replied sincerely.

 "You being a two timer and checking on one of your boyfriends in the hospital? Living the dream," I chuckled.

She stopped us. "No. This." She pulled my chin closer to her face with her finger, and a second later, my lips were against hers. I stood there for a second, taking in how great her lips felt, before pulling away.

"Good point."

"I told you," she teased, and we entered the hospital. The nurse looked up from her desk and smiled at Lexi. "Hello, dear."

"Hi. Can I go see Jared?" she asked.

"Of course. He's been asking for you. Go right ahead," she said warmly, gesturing to the elavator. We thanked her and stepped into the cramped elevator. It could fit four people at most. We were joined by an elderly woman who just smiled at us.

It was uncomfortable.

"I don't think he'll be all that thrilled to see me," I whispered to Lexi.

"Relax. Just stand in the back, keep your mouth shut, and I'll do the talking. That sound fine?" she asked.

"I guess," I mumbled.

We stepped off the elevator and she guided me to his hospital room, which was the last door before the hall curved. She opened the door, and I was surprised.