Chapter 35

Chapter 35

Some random dude in the Acquarius area is throwing up and all of his friends are looking at him in disgust but still amused at what they're seeing. I look over them and make a face. The guy's vomit is so disgusting. The guy has a light blonde hair, shaggy and a bit messed up. I'd say that he looks attractive. He has a porcelein skin - not really my thing, and a bit taller than me. His teeth are so pearly white and he has a plump, full lips. His eyes are a shade of blue, but not breathtakenly blue, unlike Shawn's.

Speaking of Shawn, today, he's with his boyfriend, Matthew and they're right in the Aries area. They are holding hands, and the sight makes my heart ache. I know I have to look away, to prevent myself from getting hurt, but the only words and actions I know are I can't, I have to and I don't know. Shawn looks happy when he's with Matthew. He never smiled at me like that. Shawn will never smile at me like that. Apparently, he sees me and his eyes flashes something and then it's gone as fast as it appeared. This time, it's Brent who makes me look away by grabbing my face and forcing me to stare into his green eyes.

"Don't look," Brent says to me, his hands keeping my head in place. "If I have to do this everytime, I will. I want you to move on, Dylan. Protect yourself." Then he hugs me and I hug him back. Others look at us, probably thinking that we're together. Brent seems to like the hug as he hugs me tighter, as if he doesn't want to let met go. He rubs my back soothingly, kissing my temple as he does so. The action makes me shut my eyes, fear creeping up on me. I don't know why I'm suddenly scared. All I know is I am. At least Brent is here to cheer me up when it feels like nobody seems to care.

"Thank you, Brent." I say to him so low I don't know if he can hear it. But he does. He hear it. I feel him smile even though I can't see him. I can feel his heart racing fast inside his chest and suddenly, I have the urge to feel his chest, to feel his heart beat. I look up at him through my lashes, only to find him looking at me with his green eyes. For a moment, we just stare at each other, and then our faces start to move slowly with each other and our lips are just a mere centimeters apart when the loud horn blows. We jump out, startled at the odd sound and both of our heads whip towards the direction of a lady, who has a straight blonde hair that flows right into his hips level. She's wearing a white jacket over a white shirt, and her pants are white as well. So do her heels.

This is no ordinary woman, I can tell, as she has some bodyguards - I assume - walking behind her. Those large, bulky men are eyeing anyone of us. It's not like we're going to kill the lady. Her demeanor screams power and high. She brings out the curious side of me. Our eyes cross and I have the feeling that I already don't like this woman anymore. She looks like she's in her early forties but her looks can pass like she belongs in the early twenties category. The lady smiles at me creepily and even though she's beautiful, something inside me tells me that I should not trust this lady. Dad comes into my side and looks at the lady.

I ask my dad. "Who is she?" It comes out as a whisper.

Dad looks at me for a minute before he breaks the gaze and looks back at the girl. "She's Penthra Kaztala. The president, or the leader, of the Zodiac City." Okay. That's a weird name. "She always wears white and nobody really knows what city she belongs. We haven't even seen her powers yet. But she looks powerful, mystical. It's rare of her to go outside, to go public. Why is she here?"

"That, I don't know." I answer teasingly. "I have a feeling that I should not trust her at all. That girl screams trouble to me."

"I never knew you were gay," Dad says suddenly which makes my head snap at his direction. I arch a brow at him and he's looking at me with so much intensity. Hate. His voice becomes dark suddenly and cold. "I thought you could trust me. Why didn't you tell me? You know what, I was planning on introducing you to this young girl. But nah." I laugh nervously, scratching my cheek.

"I just found out recently," I answer truthfully, looking at Penthra Kaztala. She's obstructing her bodyguards to do something as she eyes everyone of us. Our eyes, once again, cross each other and I feel like she can see my soul through my eyes. The bodyguards start to scatter around, as if they're looking for something. A car pulls up in front of her and she gets inside, leaving her bodyguards. The car goes into what looks like her sanctuary. A huge gate has opened for them to enter and as soon as the car goes, the gate closes. "Do you have any idea what's inside her mansion?"

"No, nobody has seen inside. Even pass through the gates, no." Dad says matter-of-factly. All three of us look at the mansion. There are guards patrolling the behind and in front of the gates, their heads swivelling to right and left. I guess Penthra is really a busy type of person. "Back to you, is this Brent guy your boyfriend? Because when you got your ass kicked, he was seconds apart from ripping that Fiero's throat viciously."

Brent answers for me, which makes me feel guilty. "Oh I wish I was his boyfriend. Unfortunately, no. But I guess someday, though." He chuckles and Dad nods, as if he's agreeing with Brent. I want to snap at the both of them, to stop their talking but fight against it.

"Well, if you do, take care of my son." Dad says, giving me a huge smile and patting my shoulder. I make a face at him, which makes him laugh and he goes away. As usual, another woman throws herself on my father.

When I look at Brent, he has this smirk plastered on his face that I oh-so want to wipe off by punching his face. "Well, I think your Dad's vote is on me."

"Is there a poll going on?" I ask him sarcastically, rolling my eyes.

Brent chuckles and leans down, his face is mere centimeters apart from mine. My cheeks go pink at how close his face to mine, and I can feel his hot breath fanning my face. He smells mint and vanilla soap and I want to smell more of him. He seems to sense what I'm thinking because he puts himself closer to me and I gulp. Brent raises his hand and runs the back of it across my cheek. I blush at the action and absentmindedly lean into his touch, shutting my eyes.

Shawn's friends walk over pass us and they all look at us. Matthew has his eyes trained on me and that's when Brent decides to pull a trick. He grabs my neck and kisses me full on the lips that makes me moan out loud. I admit, Brent has a soft lips and he tastes mint as well, but the kiss cannot be compared to what Shawn gave me. But still, Brent's kiss makes me crave for more. He pull away from the kiss, me still in a dazed and I look at him in his eyes, shocked at what he has done. Shawn growls and clenches his hands.

"Back off," Shawn growls at Brent. Shawn's eyes are dark and his hands are in a fist, as if he's ready to pounce. No, scratch that. He looks like he's ready to cause a Zodiac war. Matthew looks at his lover with furrowed brows and then looks at Brent.

Brent only raises a brow and crosses his arms over his chest, which makes his muscles in his arms so visible. "Or what, Larsen? Are you going to kill me?"

"Yes if you don't back off right now," Shawn replies through gritted teeth. Shawn is basically screaming blood right now and I know I have to do something before they cause a scene here. Shawn has a major anger issues and I don't want both of them to get in trouble. So I decide to butt in.

"Come on, Brent. Let's get out of here. Let's go somewhere." I grab Brent's arm and practically drag him with me. But before we turn around, I catch a glimpse of Brent giving Shawn a smug, annoying smirk. I roll my eyes at him. He's still provoking Shawn, God. I look behind over my shoulder and see Shawn has a sad expression on his face, which makes my heart clench.