Sehun (EXO) : Conditioned Love

Darkness captivates the room, just like the loneliness that is evident to him. Cold, hesitant light streams in through the blinds. 

Sehun does not need to see himself. He can be really pathetic. Probably bloodshot eyes and flushed cheeks from the constant crying. He know that crying will not save anything that is lost, but at least that will be able to express his feelings.

He can no longer see what is ahead or around him. It is as if he has just disconnected from the world. No longer applauses and cheers from the fans and crowd. No longer will he receive love. He will be just in the past.

All the pieces of life he cannot connect, the placid world and the happiness he cannot feel.

Will you be the same too?

Curled up into a ball, his shoulders are scrunched and body trembling from his own sobs and sniffles.

"She won't love me anymore..."

The sentence come out as broken words. His voice so soft yet barely audible.

He does not know what to do anymore. Beg you to stay by his side? Or shall he trust you that you will love him no matter what?

Hesitantly, his hand reaches out for his phone. The screen is lighted up and the brightness blinds him for a while. When his sight finally adjusts to the light, he punches in a contact number with trembling touches.

"Yes?" It seems like you have not heard the news yet.

He gulps. His fingers fiddle around, not a single part of him able to stay in place. His breathing is staggered, chest rising and falling rapidly without a consistent pace. Fists clench tight around the fabric of his shirt, he just need something to release his emotions.

"I lost everything..." Sehun fiaalll says. His voice threatens to betray him every second, shamelessly cracking at the end of the sentence. "I lost my friends, m-my fans, a-and career..."

On the other hand, you remain quiet. There is nothing you can say. Your lips part, trying to find something to say. You eventually give up when there is actually completely nothing to be said.

The call does not end and you hear his sobbing at the other end of the call. Sniffles and hiccups cuts his sobs so often, you know that it is not easy for him.

An hour passed, you are still listening to the phone clasped tightly in your hand. At some point you wish you can be by his side, rubbing his back and assuring that it will all be fine. Reality strikes and you are certain that it will not change a thing.

"J-jagiya... Say s-something!" He tries to yell but it has barely come out as a whisper. You clench your eyelids tightly together, shaking your head to make sure his words do not waver you.

"I--"

Sehun laughs dryly and his breath clearly hitches within his throat. "W-Why can't you come a-and...tell me...t-that you will be always by my side!"

A hand quickly presses over your lips. You have to stiffle your cries so that he will not hear you. There is no way back now.

There is a sudden silence in the phone and you have to check to assure that the call is not broken yet.

"Are y-you leaving...?" Sehun asks with evident hesitance.

He looks into the mirror that reflects the darkness in the room. Like the darkness that wraps around him, he can sense the loneliness that finally appears more convincing.

"J-Jagiya!" he yells loudly, standing up to punch the mirror. You hear sounds of glasses breaking into pieces, followed by his soft whimpers.

"I'm sorry." you murmur and put the phone down.

.

.

.

The lack of light that bothered him so much at first just became normal. His world is etched in charcoal, the once vibrant personality of his is no more than a vivid dream.

At first the darkness of the room must have deceived him, or else his eyes were confused and dazzled by the recent glare of the screen of the phone. For a minute or two he could make out nothing at all but dark lumps of furniture, the mass of the chest of drawers by the wall, and the white patch where your belongings used to be.

Reality flushes over him and he knows a fact for sure. Love comes with conditions. Consequences he himself have to pay the time comes.