V (BTS) : If only I knew...

"Baby, are you there already?" Taehyung asked the instant the call went through.

"Hmm. Not yet." you said, giggling.

You were still walking by the streets, since there were still an hour to go. But you were already so excited and could not keep your lips sealed.

"I can't wait." Both of you said at the same time.

"What..." Taehyung chuckle whereas a blush crept onto your lips.

"Are you still at work?" you asked, raising your eyebrows.

"Nope, I got off work earlier." he said, grinning proudly.

"Yah, don't you keep getting day-offs." you snapped, virtually sending a punch in his chest.

"Ouch. I could feel it." Taehyung said, sending you slightly surprised. "Okay, my princess. I'll be arriving real soon to pick you up."

"Yea, oppa. See you!" you exclaimed, blowing a kiss.

"I love you." he whispered before hanging up the call.

Taehyung brought his eyes away from his phone which was now sat on the empty seat beside him. His eyes widened at the sight of the big truck that parked along the side of the streets in front of him.

Before he knew it, his hands went uncontrolled and he came crashing into the truck.

Everything happened within the split of a second. A minute before, he was still healthy and ready for the date. But the next minute, he was barely breathing.

His head came crashing back into the steering wheel after bouncing off the seat the first time it happened.

The heavy pain was numbing him so badly that he could not feel the pain anymore. The pain stung the inside of his head, but he was already dazed in disbelief.

Blood trickled down his face, his eyes barely opened.

"N-no..." he croaked, managing in the tiniest voice. "I-I c-c-can't leave n-now."

Taehyung forced his eyes open, staring at the phone that fell onto the mat. It had been crashed into pieces, just like the future he planned with you.

All was ruined within the split second.

"No... P-please...I-I can't d-d-die n-now." Taehyung sobbed.

He prayed. And prayed in that few seconds he had. The last few seconds.

Taehyung tried his best to keep his eyes open. But he could not. He was tired. He was suffering.

"R-Rae. Saranghae." he whispered the last word he could.

His gaze slowly faltered as his eyelids took over.

If only he knew that he would leave the world the next minute, he would had said more than just a 'I love you'.

You sat up on the bed abruptly. Eyes widened with tears, lips parted and panting heavily.

What was this feeling you had in your heart?

"Rae."

Your heart skipped a beat.

That voice.

The way he addressed you.

"Rae, it's me." he said. "Taehyung."

Slowly, you whipped your head to the direction of his voice. Your jaw trembled in disbelief.

Your lips parted, striving to speak. But you could not. Not a single word left your lips. You were too shocked and dumbfounded.

"H-h-how?" you choked.

There he stood at the door, smiling. He was still as tall as before, exept that his face seemed slightly pale.

"T-Tae-Taehyung." you stuttered, tears pooling in your eyes. "H-how can it be?"

"Yes, baby, I'm dead." Taehyung spoke.

You watched him advance towards you with light footsteps. Your eyes never left his.

It was a dream or fantasy.

You didn't care.

You could see him again.

He could call you like he used to.

He settled on the bed, right beside you. You could feel his warmth. He was real. You brought your hand up, reaching for his body. But you were hesitant and afraid.

What if he would disappear once you--

"I won't disappear." he assured in a low voice.

His voice sent chills down your spine like how he always did. That deep voice of his. You missed it so much.

A soft gasp slipped out of your lips when his hand grabbed yours. Sobs were loud as tears fall.

He could touch you.

You could touch him.

"How can you?!" you cried loudly, shoving fists at his shoulders.

He gave a smile, but you could see pain in his eyes. His face never changed, that awkward smile of his, those eyes which looked so beautiful even without eyeliner.

You were pulled into his arms, feeling his warmth embrace once again. His hugs were still as tight as before. If he could hug you so tightly, why did he even let go of you in the first place?

"W-why...why did you call me while driving?! Was I worth more than your safety?!" you screamed, fisting his shirt violently.

"Sorry jagi." he whispered.

"I-If I knew...t-that it was the last time I could hear your voice. I-I could've told you that I love you." you sobbed in his embrace.

"I would have told you that I love you so much. So much that I would die without you." you continued to bawl in his chest.

"Jagi, now that I'm here. You can survive on your own, can't you?" Taehyung said, pulling apart from you.

"No... Taehyung! P-please, don't leave!" you cried. "I don't want to be alone... I really, r-really can't live without you. It hurts...I don't want to live without you." you sobbed between hiccups.

"Jagi, I promise it'll be over fast." Taehyung assured, cupping your cheeks.

You shook your head and wrapped your arms around him, hugging him so tightly.

You did not want him to leave. You did not want to be alone anymore.

"Taehyung... Please...we'll leave together alright?" you sobbed as tears flowed like broken taps.

"Jagi, this isn't how it's suppose to be." Taehyung breathed.

"You wouldn't want me to suffer right?" you said. "If I die...I wouldn't hurt anymore. I can join you too, it's for the best."

Taehyung grabbed your shoulders and pried you off his body. He stared at you with surprised expression.

"Fine..." he said, closing his eyes as a tear fell.

Separating from him, you kept your hands with his. You pulled the drawer open, grabbing the bottle of sleeping pills.

Resting yourself on his chest with his arms enveloping you, you put five sleeping pills on your palm.

"Jagi..." he sobbed.

"Taehyung, I'll be able to join you soon." you smiled.

Taehyung closed his eyes when you poured the pills into your mouth, swallowing them at once.

You brought your eyes to him, pulling him down. He pressed his lips against yours. You could feel his tears falling onto your cheeks. He was crying.

But it's all going to be okay. You and him. There was nothing that could separate the both of you anymore.

"Taehyung, wait for me." you thought.

________________________________________________