Hyuk (VIXX) : It takes Trust and Patience

You stared into the mirror that showed your reflection. Such an ugly human, you thought to yourself. You could not help tracing every single flaw you could find in the reflection.

Eye circles that seemed to look more obvious. Eyebags that grew heavier overnight. A little baby fats on your cheeks that did not seem to shed at all. And not to mention your pale skin tone, you seemed totally like a sickly person. Or rather a living zombie.

You had no idea that the door to the bathroom was open, only to snap out of your daze when Hyuk called you. "Baby..." he murmured sleepily, his voice barely audible as he made his way towards you. You felt his muscular arms snake around your waist, pulling your back close against his firm chest. "How are you?" he asked, his voice muffled when he buried his face in your shoulder.

You dazed for a second before staring into the mirror once again. After seconds of silence, Hyuk lifted his face as he wondered why you were not responding. He watched blankly at you bit your lip, hesitant to give a reply. "Hey." he said with a soft tone like he always do to you. "Oh." you said, fluttering your eyes for a moment as you came back to reality. "I'm f-fine...these days." you lied through a forced smile.

Hyuk raised his eyebrows with doubt, searching your face for truth through your reflection in the mirror. You caught his dark eyes staring into yours through the mirror, you were quick to turn your head to a side. That was when he did not want to tolerate your emotions anymore. "Baby, I know something is wrong." Hyuk snapped, no longer was the soft tone there in his soothing voice. You closed your eyes for a moment before shaking your head off. "It's mothing, Hyuk." you assured, placing your hand gently over his, feeling him flinch slightly at your cold touch.

You gasped when he abruptly turned you around, making you face him as your hips leaned against the sink. His hands were positioned at the sides of the basin, trapping you between his body and the basin, making you unable to escape. He caught your eyes for few seconds, making you flustered as you quickly avoided him. His eyebrows creased in annoyance as his stare grew heavier on you. "H-Hyuk." you stammered as panick arouse inside you. He scowled. "Why are you so scared of me?" Your lips parted, your attention back on him as you tried to speak. You sighed, giving up when you could not find any words to express yourself. You placed your hands on his firm chest, wanting to push him and move away but you were nothing compared to his strength.

Your legs grew numb already, having stuck in that position for the last few minutes and to endure his heavy staring. "Hyuk..." you breathed, grabbing his wrist. "Let me go." "No, baby, until you tell me what's wrong." Hyuk snapped with dominance. You wanted to scream at him but you were simply too tired to even do anything. "Please, Hyuk. Not today. I'm not--" "Look! I'm your boyfriend, not anyone else. I deserve to know what's wrong with you! I'm suppose to share your burden and not let you suffer alone like this!" Hyuk yelled, his force exerted on his palms to the sides of the sink.

Your lips parted slightly, you could feel your chin trembling as tears pooled in your eyes. "Baby, I'm not going to go soft on you this time. You better tell me what is happening." he snapped sternly, his gaze getting heavier on you every second. Your fingers were beginning to curl, your feet curling as well as you stood still. "Kim So Eun. Don't make me yell at you." Hyuk said between gritted teeth as you could feel his hot breath brush against your lips as he leaned even closer.

You could feel your eyes getting heavier with the tears you were holding back in. Hyuk never yelled at you before. He never talked to you so stern and cold. He rarely even address you by your full name.

"I don't want to tell you!" you cried abruptly. You were the one at fault there. Being so childish and immature, you did not think before you speak. You were just hurting Hyuk so directly. "Why must I tell you everything? You can't even solve it, can you? You're not god, you can't make all the problems disappear!" you screamed in his face. Hyuk froze in disbelief. Taking the chance, you pushed him away and ran out of the bathroom. He stood frozen, still yet to overcome the shock. You did not want share your troubles or burden with him. Was it because you did not trust him? Or was it that you did not treat him as your boyfriend?

***

You sat by the staircase, hugging your legs and tucking your face in your knees. Midnight had fallen and you were still not planning to go home yet. It was your fault, you realised it. It was so stupid of you to think of Hyuk was just nosy. But the fact that he was your boyfriend, hurt you even more to think that you just hurt him so fiercely. So much you wanted to return home, you could not bring yourself to face him.

Hyuk leaned his back against the door, his eyes shut as many flashbacks came to his mind. A year ago when you two started this relationship, you were so cheerful, the most positive person he ever knew. But who knew that from a month ago, you slowly stopped smiling, and being so unactive than before. He always wondered what was wrong, but when he tried asking you, you would avoid it. This time, he was stern that he did not want to lose you. But it could actually cause such a lash back.

A tear fall from his eyes as he opened his eyes, knocking the back of his head against the door. He glanced around the bedroom, noticing that the bed was empty. He remembered that you were outside. "But it's so cold outside... And dangerous." he mumbled to himself, his palm slowly closing into a fist.

Hyuk grabbed a coat and swiftly left the house in a hurry. He made his way to the lift quickly, not wasting time as he paced back and forth waiting for the lift. It was still at floor 20. "Who the fuck is so inconsiderate..." he scoffed before heading to the end of the corridor for the stairs. He pushed the heavy door open, revealing the staircase.

His eyes widened slightly as you turned around, revealing your blushing face. But he could feel his hesrt sink in relief. At least he knew that you were safe. You bit your lip and quickly turned back to the front, fiddling nervously with your fingers. He let out a deep breath before sitting down next to you. You could hear him groan as he finally sat his ass down on the stairs. You could not help but to stifle a laughter, reminding yourself that he was one old man who could not stop groaning.

You could hear a soft chuckle from him, urging you to glance at him. Well, at least you could take the risk. You slowly brought your head to the side, trying to look at him from the side of your eye. You gasped when you caught his eyes staring right at yours. You quickly turned to the opposite side, feeling your heart skip a beat.

"What? Am I that ugly to look at?" Hyuk scoffed sacarstically. You pursed your lips and nodded, your face still away from his. You gasped at your mistake and quickly shook your head in response, only to turn back to face him. Hyuk stifled his laughter, but could not help the smile that tugged the corners of his lips.

"Sorry." he spoke. Your eyes softened as you stared at him densely. "For just now. I was...invading your privacy. Sorry for that." You searched his face. You could tell that he was not that sincere, and slightly unwilling to apologise over that matter. After all, you could not blame him. It was your fault still. Yet Hyuk could do anything to get you back. Even if he were to claim a fault that was not his. As long as you were not at fault, he would be relief.

"I'm sorry too. You're my boyfriend, yet I...I was just afraid." you sighed, still fiddling with your fingers. Hyuk noticed and wrapped his hand over yours, making you relax under his touch. "Don't be. I'm always there for you. Whenever you need me." he said, his breathing so loud and relaxing that you could fall asleep to it. You smiled in relief. "Let's share our burden."

___________________________________________________