Ren (Nu'Est) : What matters is now

You sighed, dropping yourself on the bench in the middle of the park. You glanced around, seeing the moonlight shone in from the gaps between trees to trees. You could not help but to feel disappointed.

For a year. A year since he had left for America. You thought you would never have the chance to see him again. But he actually dialed you up the previous day to tell you the great news.

There he was, strolling down the park in a pair of comfortable clothings. A wheat-coloured knitted sweater, a pair of ripped acid washed jeans along with a pitch black coat. He paused in his footsteps.

He recognised you. That girl with dark brown hair and pale skin. You were seated at the exact same place he first met you three years ago. And nothing had changed. A smile tugged the corner of his lips as he quickly made his way towards you.

You gasped when a pair of arms were wrapped around your shoulders from behind. Your lips formed an 'o' shape, but seconds later, you finally realised who it was. Tears pooled in your eyes as a contented smile took over your pink lips.

"I missed you." he whispered in your ear, making you shiver in reflex. "How dare you." you said between staggered breaths. You heard his cute chuckle, making you all fluttery inside again. "Why? Haven't you been missing me?" he joked, snuggling his face into the crook of your neck. You scoffed and pushed him away before standing up. You turned around to face him, the bench separating both of you as Ren laughed.

"Yah! Who was the one who left me for America to further his studies?! Who was the one who left despite me begging and crying?!" you shouted, not realising that tears were falling. Ren stood there, lips slightly parted as you reminded him about his recklessness. "All these months, I had to sleep alone, I had no one to talk to about my troubles. All I see when I come home is just the four walls. Everyday...I worried and cried. I didn't even know whether you would be coming back! You left so hurriedly without saying a word! What do you think I would've felt then?!" you cried loudly. "I'm sorry." he sighed. "I...I admit it was too rush last year to tell you that I'll be leaving for America for a year. But I-I have no choice, baby. Believe me. My parents wanted me to finish my studies. I tried...I tried disobeying them and saying that...I can't leave you... But...b-but I really couldn't." Ren said, a tear falling from his eyes. You bit your lip, feeling your heart ache to watch him cry like this. You should not even had mentioned it. He was back here, wasn't he?

"Sorry Min Ki oppa. What matters now is you're back." you said with a genuine smile, walking over to envelop him with a hug. You gritted your teeth, realising that he had grown taller and bigger again, making you unable to cuddle him like before. "What oppa...? Did you train or what?" you scrowled, pulling away from him. He laughed loudly and pressed his hand on your back, making your chest press onto his. "I love you." he breathed with his chin on your head, his arms wrapped around your body ever-so-tightly.

___________________________________________________

Kpop One Shots | Pt 2On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara