Junhyuk (Day6) : Congratulations

You stare at the figure standing in front of you. He is wearing a saddened smile just like yours and your heart breaks just seeing that.

"So you moved on." you finally speak. Of course, it is what he left you for.

His loving gaze falters hearing your words and he nods gently.

"How about you?" he asks, his eyes wandering around your house. His heart flutter as he sees his photo still being placed in your apartment despite a year has been over since.

Shaking your head, you just give a smile. You never move on. The permanent pain he caused, like a wound deep in your heart, it can never heal.

"You're still as beautiful as before." he says. "Sojin."

Your fingers clenches tight into fists as you hide them behind your body. How long has it been since you hear him saying your name...

Your gaze fell to the floor as your lips tremble, struggling to form a word. "Thank you." you murmur.

The few seconds of silence are intensely miserable. Both of you stand face to face, you standing inside your house while he stands at your doorstep.

"Congratulations," you say, hiding your broken smile behind the emotionless expression.

As much as you want to smile a final time for him, you cannot. There is no more feelings that your heart can give you.

"On getting married." you say.

His eyes widen at your sentence. It is not what he is expecting from you to say. He just want four words from you, and it is all that is enough to make him divorce. I still love you.

"Sojin, it's not like this--I"

"Hey, Junhyuk, you don't have to worry." you laugh. "I'm alright. I'm not that weak of a person."

Pain strikes his heart when he hears your sobs behind your laughter. You are not okay, he knows.

"You know me, don't you?" you say.

That's right. He knows you, he knows exactly how hurt you are.

"Sojin, I'm sorry." Junhyuk finally says.

You stare at him, not knowing what to do. Tell him that it is alright? Ask him why he did it? After all these that has happened, it just proves that his love for you was not as much as you thought.

You keep staring at him, a lump at your throat and refraining you from speaking. You have nothing to say to him. Seven years of being so deep in love and he just say that he is getting married?

The bride was not you.

"Oh, Junhyuk!" you exclaims and runn over to him.

You pounce on him before he can even close the door. He does not say anything. He does not laugh like he usually do and you immediately know there is something wrong.

"Hey." you say, balancing your feet back on the floor.

He just stares at you. You notice that his eyes are wet and sparkling with tears. You gasp and cup his cheeks in your hands.

"What's wrong?" you asks so softly.

"I'm getting married." Junhyuk admits.

Your eyes widen in surprise. "M-married? You?"

"Yes, Sojin." he says and pushes your hands away before burying his face into his own hands.

"I'm marrying someone else." he cries. His voice cracks at the end of the sentence and you gulp.