Chen (EXO) : Valentine's Day

A request from jvtsx_

"Dae, you know Valentine's Day is next week right?" 

Your hands wrap around the mug which held your favourite drink, the hot chocolate. You stare at him with hopes as you patiently wait for his response.

But Chen is not reacting much to your question. He has just creased his eyebrows at your question but does not say much.

"Yea I know. It's pretty obvious, isn't it?" he replies, eyeing the couples' meal on the special menu of the cafe you both are in.

Jongdae tries a smile but fails but he is relieved that you have not notice it.

"I see..." you say, chewing on your bottom lip when you realise what you have just said. It is a pretty dumb question, an artwork of your intelligence.

Jongdae bites the inside of his cheeks while he observes you. The way your bottom lip sticks out when you pout. It is cute, he thought. But he does not want to confess that he has no intention of celebrating Valentine's Day due to his personal reason.

"Jo-ah, let's go." he says with a smile. You nod as takes your hand in his rough one.

You have never celebrate Valentine's Day...

.

.

.

You play with his fingers while you think of how to bring up the topic again, you have brought it up earlier in the morning while you both had breakfast before Chen goes for work. Now, it is nearly midnight and you are snuggling in the couch watching a movie. 

Chen may be the only one focused on the movie. You are busy thinking and not even bothering to spare a glimpse at the television. Chen notices your behaviour and stares at you momentarily. He watches you fondle with his knuckles, stroking his fingertips.

"What's wrong?" Chen asks with his soothing voice.

His sudden speech makes you jump a little and you pray that he will not notice it. But unfortunately, he already did.

"Uhm..." you croak, tugging at your raspy voice. 

What if he avoids the topic again? You panic as you feel his eyes fixed on you. You take a deep breath, only to inhale the musky smell of his cologne which makes you more nervous.  

"I...Dae, I-I was thinking if you want to celebrate Valentine's Day."

You feel his body twitches a bit upon your question again, almost similar to how he responded earlier in the morning. There is still not yet a response. You are afraid to look at him, thinking he may be angry because of your stubbornness.

"Dae." you murmur, burying your face in his chest. The striped sweater he wore is pretty comfortable, at least having its ability to calm your emotions.

"My grandfather doesn't like me to celebrate Valentine's Day." he mutters.

You notice his arms losing their grip around your waist and you feel your heart sink by a little. What does Valentine's Day mean to him exactly?

"So we are not celebrating too?" you ask, not realising that you have just irritated him further.

"Yes." Chen answers as he sighs.

There is a hint of displeasure in his face, but not to mention the disappointment drawn over yours. Instead of asking further, you nod.

.