Jae (DAY6) : The Promise he made [Part 2]

You wake up again, feeling warmer this time. You shift and is finally able to move. Your eyes widen when you realise that the room is actually lighted, heater switched on instead of the air-condition. Was it all a nightmare? But it felt so real...

Your eyes fall to the blazer that cover your body. You lift it up and see a knitted sweater that you are wearing. You do not remember having such a sweater. You bite your bottom lip as you checked the blazer. It is definitely your school's blazer, exept that it is for boys--

"Park Jae Hyung."

.

Jae Hyung climbs up the stairs, his staggered steps barely able to lead him anywhere. Finally, guilt rushes over him and he stumbles to a stop. His knees drop to the concrete floor, not letting the cold affect him. Flashbacks occupy his mind and he remembers how he watch you get bullied and even attacking you. How could he not recognise you?

He wraps his arms around your petite body, trapping you to his chest. He chuckles as he admires your blush. Jae Hyung always like it whenever you feel shy around him, at least he has that effect on you.

"Jae." you murmur, clutching the fabric of his shirt.

"Yes?"

"Will we get married after you return?"

"Of course," he says without even hesitating. "I will marry you on the spot."

You chuckle and playfully hit him. "I may be studying."

"It doesn't matter. We will go to the same school and have meals together--"

"Just promise one thing." you say.

Jae Hyung hums in response.

"That you will protect me."

He grins and nods. "Of course I will protect you. I will never leave you so that I can be by your side and protect you."

He gasps, as if the remorse is stealling his breath. He is unable to overcome the shock and realisation of what just happened. The feeling he feels inside is killing him. What exactly happened to him that made him forget you?

From the promise you made him made, it seemed like you already predicted that this is going to happen. You knew that Jae Hyung will not be able to remember you anymore with the success he has achived.

His bottom lip trembles gently as silent sobs leave his lips. His throat is closing up on tears as nausea fills his gut. He digs in his nails into the ground, causing them to bend as he growls out loud. He clenches his eyes shut as hopeless tears fall.

Coldness wraps around him but he does not worry about it. He deserves this. He has failed his promise to protect you and this is how Karma repays him.

The promise he made

Your hands clench tightly to the blazer as you make your way out of the room. Your eyes flash around you, only to be greeted by the unoccupied corridor. He probably is still in the school, you think. 

You run past several corridors despite the others' gazes on you. You just know you have to find him as soon as possible. 

"Did you see Jae oppa?"

You pause in your steps and listen to their conversation.

"No?" another says.

"I heard someone saw him crying by the staircase."

.

You climb up the stairs as fast as you can. There he is, curling up into a corner. You heave a sigh of relief as the worry is finally lifted off your shoulders.

You approach him with light steps and sit down beside him. You can see him peeking at you with his face buried his kneels but he quickly turns away.

"Go away." he says, his voice trembling.

You throw your arms around his shoulders and pulls him into your embrace. He begins to cry harder and you stroke his hair. You cannot deny that your heart still aches whenever he is hurt.

"Cry it out... I'm here." you murmur sofly.

He looks at you with hurtful eyes and you cringe. "But I wasn't there for you..."

You smile half-heartedly and hug him, squeezing him in your embrace.

"You're back now, aren't you?" you say and slip your hands into his.

He stares at you with widen eyes as they sparkle with the tears welled up. "B-but I hurt you, I-I don't know how to face you--"

He looks into your eyes, heads are the same level. His eyes are the colour of dark hazelnuts. From the pressure of his hands, you can tell he is as nervous as you are. Especially when he leans in, so close you can smell the flouriest scent coming from his breath, which you know you will never forget this moment. 

His lips reaches your jaw, tracing the lines of your ear to your collarbones. They are so warm against your skin as they reminds you of soft, little fluffy pillows; and for that moment, reminds you of fairy floss. You are not able to stop your heart from pounding in your chest. Blood flows rapidly in your cheeks, making your face as red as ever. You lift your small hands out of his rough ones, and pull them up high to his shoulders, where I entwined them with his soft light brown hair. He put his hands down at your waist while pulling you closer to his chest. 

You are his, and he is yours.

The promise he made,

he has been keeping it all along.

"Let's get married."