Vernon (Seventeen) : Years of Longing

A request from jess120910

You shuffled through the hallway of the vocal academy. You caught a glimpse of your vocal teacher and decided to head over. Slinging your backpack to the front, you checked to make sure the scores are inside. Satisfied with what you found, you picked up your pace to avoid the morning crowds.

"Mr Lee!" you exclaimed and waved the sheets in the air to catch his attention. Mr Lee turned around with a wide smile and mouthed something to the guy beside him. You did not bother to glance at who the person beside him was and just ran towards Mr Lee.

"Here." you said between heavy breaths. He grabbed the scores and examined them piece by piece. "I didn't expect you to hand them up so quickly." He said but was clearly pleased. You giggled and shrugged in response. "It's something I have to do."

While waiting for Mr Lee's remarks on the pieces of scores, you finally noticed the tall figure standing beside him. Your eyes fell on the pair of red sneakers he wore and slowly raised upwards. Tall and slender he might look, it was not the end. You gulped at the sight of his facial features. They were fine as hell, but he did not look Korean.

"Annyeong." he spoke, snapping you out of your daze. Shaking your head like a dog trying to get water of its fur, you met eyes with the foreign looking fellow. You wanted to say a greeting back to him but it was as if a lump was stuck in your throat. He tilted his head to a side, patiently waiting for a reply. Your cheeks flushed red and you quickly whipped your head to a side to hide your embarrassment. How pathetic must you had look?

"Well done, Jessica-ssi. I'll just add some touch—ups to your scores and they'll be ready for hand in for examinations." Mr Lee spoke and chuckled with his husky voice.

You awkwardly laughed along, still unable to shrug the embarrassment off. You could feel the stranger's eyes on you and you knew you needed to evacuate the place immediately. "Then...I-I get going now. See you later in class, Mr Lee!" you said with a low bow before speeding away.

"She's cute, isn't she?" Mr Lee commented, giving Hansol a nudge.

"Yes." Hansol said with a chuckle.

.

You gasped when you finally came to a corner. Leaning against the wall, you hugged the books tightly to your chest and panted. You shut your eyes and let your head bounce back in exhaustion. Running around in the morning was definitely not for you.

"He couldn't have thought that I was checking him out, could he?" you scowled while peeking around the bent.

Your eyebrows were raised when you saw that both Mr Lee and the other person was gone.

"Oh?! Where is he?" you gasped.

"Are you looking for me?" a voice spoke.

Your eyes widened. Damn it. Slowly, you pulled your head back to face the figure that stood in front of you. That person you were looking for.

"Yes? I wasn't looking for you." You lied through a toothy grin.

"Really?" he said, not looking at all convinced.

"Yes." you said with your eyebrows creased.

Your eyes unknowingly checked him out once again. Wait, he was wearing the same uniform---He's a student at this school?

"What?!" you gasped, almost choking on your own saliva.

"Right, I just got transferred here today, nice to meet you...Jessica-ssi." he said whilst taking a brief pause to glance at your nametag.