Chapter 38 - Leaving mind

Start from the beginning

You see, when one - even a Ravenclaw - realises that one's true father is Voldemort, one can get really upset and do stupid shit.

I repeat: I respect everyone's opinion. This was just mine. Also, I love reading your reactions they are pure gold sometimes. Sorry for the long note.

There. Go on reading now.

*     *     *

I didn't go back to my house; not necessarily because Dumbledore had kept the keys but because I knew I wouldn't feel safe alone. I could always have gone to the Leaky Cauldron but while I was trying to think of a place where I would feel safer than anywhere else, my footsteps lead me almost without my own will outside a door of number four, Privet Drive. It was there where I decided to knock on the door, even though I knew that Harry's Uncle and Aunt were not happy to find out Harry had a life after all.

I waited till sunrise, sometimes only staring at the lit light at a single window and wondering if that could be Harry's room. When morning arrived, I knocked on the door, hardly knowing why I was here or what I would say to Harry when I would see him.

You see, I didn't give much thought to his reaction when he would find out that I was Voldemort's daughter. I refused to deal with these thoughts because if I did, I would be even more afraid of facing him than I already was.

"Hello?" Harry's Aunt, I would guess, answered the door, but opening it just enough for me to get a glimpse of her head and long neck.

"Good morning. Is Harry here?" I asked politely and smiled.

"There is no Harry here," the woman answered at once and closed the room almost hitting me in the face.

I couldn't have been wrong. I couldn't have gone to the wrong place. From the window I was staring at, there was an owl cage showing, and I was sure that was Harry's room.

I knocked again. The woman answered again, this time opening the door much more widely.

"I told you, there is no one named Harry in this house!"

"I don't want to be any trouble, I was just wondering if I could speak to him for a moment," I begged.

"There is no one called Harry in this house; now go away and do not come back."

And just when I was almost sure it was time to give up, someone came jumping up the stairs. It was surely Harry and he had got a glimpse of me for just a moment before the door was shut again.

I could hear some voices behind the closed door, almost shouts between Harry and his Aunt. Soon enough, however, the door opened again and to my relief it was Harry.

"Anne? What the hell are you doing here? You were supposed to be at the Malfoy Manor, weren't you?" The irony in the sound of his voice hurt even more because I didn't have the courage to deal with anything else than my problem and not Harry's.

"I didn't have anywhere else to go," I said and felt the inside of my nose burning as if I was going to cry.

"What? Why?"

But there was no answer whatsoever. There was only one thing that wasn't painful enough for me and that was to go up to Harry and hug him as tightly as I could, as the tears were flooding my eyes.

"What is it, Anne. Tell me what happened," he demanded but didn't let go of me.

It was only then when I realised I had to think of a lie at once. Of course, I couldn't tell him that the man who killed his parents was my father, at least not for now. 

"Did you break up with Draco?" he said. Surely it was the only rational thing to think about. No one would be able to think that I was Voldemort's daughter; no one would imagine.

"You could say that, yeah," I said, burying my face in his chest as he was stroking my hair. 

He felt something rough on my forehead. I drew back in pain.

"Did he hurt you, Anne?"

"No, he didn't hurt me! It's just..."

How would I ever be able to explain anything to him? I wasn't strong enough, I would say. The only thing I was thinking of was his eyes while telling him that I am the daughter of his greatest enemy. That would kill him, that's for sure.

"Okay, listen. You will stay with me. I'll hide you into my bedroom until we think of a better plan."

*     *     *

Vote & Comment & Follow

💙💙💙💙