Chapter 42

With Yu Zimei's words, Mi Chun seemed to have finally shed the layers of restraint on her body, and her whole body felt relaxed.

He returned the bankbook to Yu Zimei and wiped his face: "It's okay, Mom, I'll talk to him when I'm done with him."

At that time, there was no employment relationship, it would not violate professional ethics, and it would not Stop caring about other people's opinions.

After thinking about this matter, Mi Chun felt light and giddy. He hugged Yu Zimei again and again. The excitement was still there when he went to sleep. Yu Zimei heard the noise in the living room and coughed lightly in the darkness. , Mi Chun calmed down and lay on the sofa without daring to move.

Guessing that Yu Zimei had fallen asleep, Mi Chun got up gently. He put on his slippers and cotton-padded clothes and stood by the window. The heating in the room was not as strong as that in Shangye Apartment. The window opened a small crack to let people in. A thrill.

The sky was dark, and Mi Chun had very good eyesight. He could clearly see the street lights on the roadside outside the window. There were one or two flecks of catkins under the dim light. Mi Chun looked at them carefully. There were dots of white in the dark sky, and soon it was snowing. They all fell to the ground.

Mi Chun covered her mouth and watched the snow falling more and more. She was very excited. Was it because she knew that he had made a decision, so God wanted to reward him?

He took out his mobile phone and couldn't wait to share it with Shang Ye.

The pixels of the mobile phone are not very good, and because it is too dark, the photos taken are actually a dark mass, and it is impossible to see anything clearly.

This was the first time he sent a message to Shang Ye late at night.

Xiaomi: Mr. Shang, it's snowing.

Shang Ye's reply was also very fast, almost in the next moment.

Shang Ye: Yeah.

Shang Ye: Is it convenient to call?

After getting Mi Chun's affirmative answer, Shang Ye called. Mi Chun ran to the bathroom like a thief, like a child who returns home late and is afraid of being discovered by his parents.

"Hey, why are you still up so late?" Mi Chun's voice was very low, with only a breathy sound left at the end.

When Shang Ye heard his cautious voice, all the discomfort he felt all night was relieved: "I just got home."

Mi Chun was surprised: "Why so late?"

Remembering what Shang Ye said during the day that he had entertainment in the evening, another burst of excitement Worried: "You haven't had a drink?" As he said this, he became a little anxious and wanted to go over and take a look immediately.

"I'm not drinking, it's an ordinary business occasion." Shang Ye reached out and poured himself a glass of water. For his convenience, Mi Chun put the water glass in a place that was suitable for his current situation.

Mi Chun had watched the eight o'clock TV series with Yu Zimei and the old man he had taken care of before, and he also knew that in such an occasion as Shang Ye mentioned, there were cigarettes, alcohol, and people.

Mi Chun suddenly wanted to see him, and wanted to know if there was any fragrance on his body. After having this idea, Mi Chun could no longer control himself.

Mi Chun didn't pay attention to what Shang Ye said after that, and he hesitated without saying a serious word.

"Are you sleepy?"

Mi Chun hummed.

Shang Ye chuckled softly: "Then go to sleep, Xiaomi, see you tomorrow."

After hanging up the phone, Mi Chun didn't think about it any more. She dressed rustlingly and glanced at the closed bedroom door. Picking up the phone and going out,

Yu Zimei shook her head with a smile in the dark, turned over and continued to sleep.

Because of the snow, Mi Chun rode very slowly. When he arrived at Shangye's apartment, the snow had already been covered with a thin layer of snow. The uncle in the guard room was dozing by the stove and opened his eyelids when he heard Mi Chun's voice. Mi Chun waved to him and went straight to his parking space.

It wasn't until he reached the door that Mi Chun calmed down a little. He paused pressing the password. His face felt a little hot. He didn't know whether it was because of embarrassment or the illusion that he quickly warmed up after the cold wind blew. After entering the password, the door opened. There was a click, which seemed a little loud in the quiet night.

The light beside the foyer was not turned off, and there was a lamp in the living room that Mi Chun usually turned on for embroidery.

Shang Ye has now moved back upstairs. Mi Chun patted his chest gently. Fortunately, these sounds should not wake up Shang Ye.

But before he could put down his hand on his heart, he saw Shang Ye at the top of the stairs.

He seemed to have just taken a shower. His bathrobe was not neatly dressed, the belt around his waist was not tied too tightly, and the water on his head was not wiped dry. It dripped onto his body in bunches. The drops from his forehead dripped onto his chest and abdomen that were not covered by the bathrobe. He didn't even use a crutch and just jumped over in his slippers.

Mi Chun's heart was in his throat, and he quickly stretched out his hand: "Don't move, don't fall."

He took three steps and two steps at a time, climbed up the stairs, took Shang Ye's hand and put it around his neck , helped him back to the room.

This room was also tidied by Mi Chun. He replaced the dark bed sheets and quilts in Shang Ye's room with beige ones. He put Shang Ye on the bed and found the towels and hair dryer in the bathroom with ease. Shang Ye wiped his hair dry, and while wiping it, he heard Shang Ye ask him: "What are you doing here so late? Didn't you say you were all asleep?"

After saying this, Shang Ye felt a little scared again. The snowy road was slippery, and Mi Chun had just learned how to do it. Not long after riding the tram, if I bumped into something and fell down on a deserted street, what terrible thing would happen?

He meant to reprimand, but after seeing Mi Chun's pure and clear eyes, he swallowed all the drafts he had written.

Speaking of this, Mi Chun sniffed his neck. He suddenly came closer and made Shang Ye freeze up. Mi Chun's body was a little damp because of the ride just now. He had taken a shower at night, and their bodies were the same. smell.

Mi Chun sniffed next to him like a puppy, but couldn't smell anything else: "I'm afraid you're drunk and alone at home."

In fact, what's more important is that I want to watch it with you on such a beautiful night with the first snow. , spend time together.

"Didn't I say I didn't drink?" Shang Ye slightly distanced himself from him and reached out to hold his hand on his head.

"I asked my mother if she had eaten. She said she had eaten but she hadn't." Mi Chun put away the towel and turned on the heater to dry his hair.

Shang Ye smiled and let him move, the only sound in the room was the whirring of the hairdryer.

After finishing blowing, Mi Chu arranged the bedding for him and took a look at the time. It was already past two o'clock. This time was not suitable for eating anymore: "Okay, go to bed early."

Mi Chun tucked him in and wanted to go back upstairs. When he got down, Shang Ye grabbed his wrist: "The heater downstairs is broken."

Mi Chun raised his eyebrows: "I felt pretty good just now."

Shang Ye half leaned against the bed and said seriously: "You just came in from outside. Of course the room is warm, but now it is very cold in the afternoon. After all, it just snowed."

Mi Chun gave him a hesitant look. , to be honest, I was a little excited, but I still had to be more reserved: "Then I'll go down and have a look."

In the end, professional ethics defeated Shang Ye's beauty. Mi Chun gently knocked on Shang Ye's door and said softly: "Mr. Shang, it's not that cold downstairs."

Shang Ye hummed, and a little bright light poured in from the gap next to the door.

"Also, Mr. Shang, the snow is beautiful tonight."

Because it is beautiful, I want to come to see you no matter what, no matter the wind, frost, rain or snow.

The clock on Shang Ye's bedside beat silently. When he looked carefully, he realized that the date had jumped a day earlier. The date now was December 24th.

Christmas Eve.

In the past in country A, Christmas Eve and Christmas were very important holidays. Feng Zhao would never miss such an occasion to show off in front of others. Everyone would praise her for how good she is at cultivating successors. So since returning to China, , he never celebrates Christmas.

But today, there are people who are willing to brave the wind and snow to see him. Christmas is no longer such a difficult day. On the contrary, there may be more expectations.

Mi Chun is not keen on celebrating any festivals. The only thing he pays attention to is the Spring Festival. However, he has recently been instilled in him by Lu Jiayou that he needs to celebrate Christmas well, so after impulsively running over that night, he I also thought seriously about how to spend Christmas with Shang Ye.

Moreover, Lu Jiayou would probably come to spend such days together, and suddenly he felt that the road was somewhat in the way.

Sure enough, Lu Jiayou didn't live up to his imagination. He had already arrived at Shang Ye's house with his souvenirs on the night of the 24th. Shang Ye hadn't gotten off work yet, and Lu Jiayou was sitting in the living room, following Chatting with Mi Chun in the kitchen.

"Xiaomi, how are you spending the New Year?"

Mi Chun was washing the vegetables and took the time to answer him: "I will be in City A on New Year's Eve, but I have to go back to my hometown after the New Year. I have already discussed it with Mr. Shang."

"You have to talk to him. Are you celebrating the New Year with my brother?"

Mi Chun was stunned for a moment, then said: "No, my mother is in city A, we are spending the New Year together."

"That's right, I thought you were celebrating the New Year with my brother." Lu Jiayou He said, "Then my brother will celebrate the New Year alone this year? My aunt and uncle are going to travel, and Shang's grandma is abroad. My parents ask my brother to go to my house to celebrate the New Year every year, but he doesn't go."

"Mr. Shang was injured this year . , Mrs. Lu and the others are not celebrating the Chinese New Year in China?" Mi Chun stopped what he was doing, a little puzzled, "Isn't the Chinese New Year all about reunion?"

"Hey, their family has a lot to say."

Mi Chun picked up the fried rice he had just fried The good eggplant came to Lu Jiayou's side and tried to please me: "Tell me about it."

Lu Jiayou immediately closed the distance between him and Mi Chun: "Humph, Xiaomi, you have changed. , you know the gossip."

Mi Chun pursed her lips and smiled.

Lu Jiayou picked up the eggplant box and ate it loudly: "Have you met Grandma Shang?"

Mi Chun nodded.

"What do you think of her?"

Although it's wrong to gossip behind other people's backs, Mi Chun still said honestly: "I don't think she's very good at all. She's not as kind as other people's grandmothers."

"Yes, that's it." Lu Jiayou clasped his hands together and said, "None of the children in our family have liked her since they were young."

"I heard from my mother that my uncle fell in love with my aunt at first sight. Under his pursuit, my aunt agreed to date him. As for my aunt, she and I There is a big age difference between the two uncles, so our Lu family dotes on her. It is no exaggeration to say that my aunt has lived a life like a princess since she was a child."

"But Grandma Shang doesn't like her and thinks she only knows how to enjoy. , there is no way to be my uncle's help. Even though the Lu family has a good family background, she still doesn't like my aunt."

Mi Chun thought of Mrs. Lu. She seemed to have always been so elegant and calm, and nothing could make her frown: "Then later Why did they get married again?"

"Grandma Shang threatened my uncle many times, but my uncle persisted. Later, Grandma Shang used her trump card and said that if my uncle wanted to marry my aunt, she should not think about Shang Feng having anything to do with him. Later, my uncle married my aunt as he wished."

"Is that why Mr. Shang's father no longer works in the company?" That's why Shang Ye had to return to the company early even if the car accident was so serious.

"Yes, in order to get married, my uncle promised her that if she has children in the future, she will give them to Grandma Shang to raise."

Mi Chun: ...

He was a little frustrated: "Why is he so selfish?"

For the sake of his love, he sacrificed one child and returned it to her. Don't know where the child's freedom is?

"You can probably guess what happened next. The day after my brother was born, he was taken abroad by Grandma Shang. He was not allowed to return to China until he was eighteen years old."

Mi Chun tightened his grip on the armrest of the sofa. : "So..."

"I was once taken to Country A to visit him by my grandma. At that time, there was no light in his eyes at all. He was raised by Grandma Shang like a machine that only knows how to learn. My grandma felt sorry for him. I didn't know what to do, so I kept telling me to take my brother out to play more every day. But later, the more I played with him during the day, the more nights he stayed up at night."

"What about Mrs. Lu? Mr. Shang was Take her abroad, she... doesn't she want her own child?"

"Didn't I tell you, my aunt was raised as a princess by the Lu family. She actually didn't want to have children in the first place. She is close to my brother. That is, I visit him once or twice a year."

Mi Chun didn't know if Shang Ye would look at Lu Qiao's leaving figure at that time, hoping that she would take him away.

"So my brother is actually not close to their Shang family, nor is my aunt. On the contrary, he is closer to our family."

Mi Chun was speechless for a while. He finally understood why Shang Ye had to go back to Shang Ye every time. Lao Zhai was in a bad mood, and he also found out why he always felt that father, son, mother and son were getting along strangely in the hospital.

"Xiaomi, if you are celebrating the New Year in City A this year, come and see my brother if you have time. He will probably still be here alone."

------------------ --The

author has something to say: