Chapter 27

Mi Chun said in the afternoon that he would go home to get some clothes, but Shangye didn't wait until it got dark and didn't wait for anyone to come back. Even when he called her, his phone was turned off.

Shang Ye frowned. The last time Mi Chun came home late was when he was in the hospital. Mi Chun was in trouble and almost lost his job. He even got injured all over his body.

It got dark very early after autumn. Shang Ye waited patiently for another hour, but still didn't see Mi Chun's figure. He didn't wait any longer. He first called Su Pei and checked Mi Chun's registered address. He called Uncle Chen again and asked him to bring Xiao Li to pick him up at home.

Mi Chun was afraid that she would forget the key, so she left a spare key with Shang Ye.

This is the first time for Shang Ye to come to the place where Mi Chun rents. The environment of the community is pretty good. It is not the old and small community he imagined. The simple one-bedroom apartment was cleaned and tidy by Mi Chun. It should be when he comes back. After cleaning it again, the clothes scattered on the floor next to the closet must have been what Mi Chun was going to take to him.

It must have been something urgent, and I was so anxious that I left without even having time to say anything to him.

Cao Jun picked up his girlfriend after get off work and went home. He walked downstairs to Mi Chun and found that the lights in his house were still on. He and his girlfriend looked at each other and then chose to go upstairs.

The first thing Cheng Wanwan saw was the man sitting in the wheelchair. He must be Mi Chun's employer. She had seen him once from a distance.

"Hello, are you looking for Xiaomi?"

Shang Ye also remembered Cheng Wanwan, and Mi Chun once greeted her at Huaxin's wedding.

Shang Ye nodded to her: "Has he ever come back?"

Cheng Wanwan looked at Cao Jun. Cao Jun thought for a while: "I saw him before I went to pick you up in the afternoon. I said a few words and he said come over. Pack your things."

Shang Ye hummed, but he didn't get the answer he wanted. Thinking that there would be no more news about Mi Chun, he continued to search.

At this time, Cao Jun's phone rang. After answering it, he said: "Xiaomi has returned to her hometown. Aunt Yu seems to have an eye problem. My mother has just come out of the hospital. Xiaomi has gone back to take care of Aunt Yu."

Everyone present relaxed. After a breath, Shang Ye relaxed his grip on the edge of the wheelchair: "Where is his hometown?"

Cao Jun felt that the man in front of him looked very powerful. Even though he was standing and he was sitting, he was shorter than him. He said a lot: "In Qiuchuan."

"Are you fellow villagers?"

Cao Jun nodded: "Our two families live not far away."

Shang Ye knew Mi Chun's whereabouts, and was no longer anxious and continued to ask: "What's your relationship?" Very good?"

Cao Jun seemed to feel a chill on his back: "Actually, we are not very familiar with each other. Xiaomi has been in poor health since she was a child. She almost never left the house before she was eighteen years old, and she didn't even go to school. However, when he was eighteen years old, I don't know where Aunt Yu found the recipe. Xiaomi's health suddenly got better. Later when I went to work, Aunt Yu asked me to bring Xiaomi with me, so I We brought him out."

"Thank you."

Cao Jun quickly waved his hand: "If everything is okay, we will go back first."

When he got downstairs, Cao Jun put his arms around Cheng Wanwan's shoulders and said, "Why do you make me feel like I'm being raped? Teaching? In terms of closeness, Xiaomi and I are closer."

Cheng Wanwan poked his forehead: "Why didn't you say this just now?"

Cao Jun kissed her on the face: "I bully the weak and fear the strong."

Shang Ye Sitting there and thinking about what Cao Jun said, he really couldn't imagine Mi Chun looking sick and frail. When they first met, Mi Chun said that he could carry a three hundred kilogram pig. According to Cao Jun, Mi Chun Purely in good health, would his mother let him do such heavy work?

But this was not the time to think about it that much. What he was thinking about was Mi Chun's small town. The medical treatment was not up to par, and staying there would only delay his condition.

He looked at Uncle Chen and Xiao Li who were following him. Uncle Chen was already old, and his health couldn't bear it if he was asked to drive such a long distance. The moment he looked at Uncle Chen, Uncle Chen knew what he was thinking. He said: "I'm going with Xiao Li. If I have someone to talk to, I won't be so tired."

Shang Ye nodded: "Thank you for your hard work."

Xiao Li was still wandering in the world, and he still had doubts when he heard Uncle Chen calling his name. After looking at him, Uncle Chen slapped him on the head: "I only know how to eat protein powder every day to build muscles. What's the use? It's better to eat more walnuts to replenish the brain."

Xiao Li touched his head and looked at him. Innocent: "My mother said that walnuts are a lie for nourishing the brain. Uncle Chen, you are old, don't be deceived."

Uncle Chen: ...

Before they left, they organized Mi Chun's room again. He had not put it away before. Uncle Chen also packed the clothes he took away and sent Shang Ye back to the apartment. Uncle Chen and Xiao Li drove to Qiuchuan and went straight to Qiuchuan County Hospital.

Mi Chun helped Yu Zimei wash up before getting dressed and lying down on the nursing bed next to the hospital bed. There was an old lady in the ward who fell asleep early.

Mi Chun turned her back to Yu Zimei's hospital bed and said in a muffled voice: "If I hadn't called you, how long would you have kept it from me?"

Yu Zimei's eyes were now filled with darkness, and she spoke to Mi Chun. Looking in the direction: "I don't want to cause trouble to you. It's not a terminal illness. It's just that you can't see it."

"It's already serious if you can't see it." Mi Chun rubbed his eyes, "I'll take you to City A tomorrow. Let's Go to city A for governance."

"Don't be so troublesome." Yu Zimei didn't want Mi Chun to spend all her savings on him. He had saved some money over the years. Yu Zimei thought that he would not have children in the future, of course. She was making plans for herself when she got old. She was already half buried in the earth, so she wanted to drag him down no matter what she did.

"No." Mi Chun turned over, "I'll see Mr. Shang tomorrow..."

Oh no, Mr. Shang.

He came back in a hurry and didn't even say hello to Shang Ye. He didn't know if Mr. Shang was still hungry or not.

He got up and took out his cell phone from his pocket, only to find that the cell phone had long been out of power. This was the inconvenience of smartphones. They could not be used for long periods of time. His previous cell phone could last a week without charging. Now, This one just turned off after not being charged for two days.

He sat slumped, Yu Zimei was still asleep, and seemed to feel his irritability: "What's wrong with you?"

"I was in a hurry to come back, so I didn't say hello to Mr. Shang, and my phone was out of battery right now." Mi Pure answer.

"Then you use mom's phone."

Mi Chun was about to say that he didn't remember Shang Ye's phone number, but when he touched Yu Zimei's cell phone, he dialed the number skillfully.

The phone only rang twice before being answered. Mi Chun heard Shang Ye's voice, and all the words were stuck in his throat. He opened his mouth, but no words came out.

"Mi Chun?"

Mi Chun replied with a hum: "My mobile phone is out of battery. This is my mother's phone number."

He felt his throat was a little sore, his eyes seemed a little dry, and the tip of his nose was a little itchy: "My mother She's sick. I came back to stay with her. I forgot to ask you for leave."

"I understand." Shang Ye answered him, "Have a good sleep tonight. I'll ask Uncle Chen to pick you up tomorrow."

Mi Chun shook his head quickly, He didn't realize that Shang Ye couldn't see him at all: "I'll take my mother over by train tomorrow. Can you help us find an eye hospital?"

"You have a good rest first." Shang Ye didn't answer his other words, "It's time to eat. "?"

Mi Chun replied that he had eaten. In fact, he had no appetite at all. Looking at Yu Zimei's old face, he had no desire to eat at all.

"Have a good sleep."

Mi Chun hung up the phone reluctantly. Shang Ye's voice seemed to be filled with magic, soothing his originally panicked heart. He held the phone and leaned on the armrest of the hospital corridor, feeling that The weight on my shoulders is lighter.

Mi Chun had a lot of experience in being a bedside care provider in the hospital, but it was only when he became a relative of a patient that he realized the inner suffering of his loved ones. He tossed and turned on the bedside for almost the whole night. At dawn the next day, he first went to buy breakfast and then waited for the doctor to go to work. Then I went to find out about Yu Zimei's eyes.

"The medical conditions here are not very good, so I still recommend that you go to a large hospital for a detailed examination to find out whether the blindness is caused by a tumor in the orbit or in the brain that compresses the optic nerve."

Mi Chun nodded, worried Out of the doctor's office.

Yu Zimei didn't want to go to City A with him, because Mi Chun might not be cured if he spent all his savings on her. She was just blind, and it wasn't a big deal.

Mi Chun ignored her objections and started packing her things after feeding her. She came to the hospital in a hurry and didn't pack anything at home.

Helping Yu Zimei to walk to the gate, Mi Chun felt dazzled. He actually saw a familiar car at the gate of the hospital. Even the license plate number was the same. For some reason, a faint expectation arose in his heart.

He rubbed his eyes again and saw Uncle Chen's bright head: "Hey Xiaomi, luckily I just woke up, otherwise I would have missed it."

Mi Chun patted Yu Zimei's hand before replying: "Uncle Chen, why are you here?"

"I'm here to pick you up." Uncle Chen smiled and said, "Take you back to City A."

Mi Chun looked past him and looked at the closed car door before Uncle Chen said: "Mr. Shang is not here. He is still at work today. Xiao Li and I will pick you up."

"Oh." Mi Chun said to Yu Zimei, "Mom, this is Uncle Chen."

Uncle Chen has a familiar temperament: "Old girl, it's not a big deal to get sick. Medical science is very advanced now."

Yu Zimei smiled: "Yes, I'm sorry to trouble you."

The driver was Xiao Li. Uncle Chen was sitting in the passenger seat, chatting with Mi Chun. They had to first Go back to Mi Chun's house, pack some things and go to City A.

There were also chickens and ducks raised by Yu Zimei at home. Mi Chun entrusted them to Aunt Zhang next door, packed up clothes for Yu Zimei, and cooked a meal for them, before setting off for City A near noon.

It was already dark when they arrived, and Uncle Chen sent them to the rental house. After settling Yu Zimei, Mi Chun still shamelessly asked Uncle Chen to take him to Shangye's apartment.

It was almost early in the morning, the foyer was still lit with a warm yellow light, the living room was dark, and the study door was ajar, revealing a glimmer of light.

Mi Chun gently opened the door to the study room, and Shang Ye stared at the computer screen. The moment Mi Chun came in, his eyes moved to him: "Why are you coming here so late?"

Mi Chun looked at him and frowned. Frowning: "Why aren't you asleep yet?"

"I have some work." Shang Ye closed the computer, "How are you at home?"

"I'm just here to tell you about this." Mi Chun moved a stool to sit at his desk. Next, "I may have to take care of my mother in the next time, and there is no way I can come here again."

------------------

The author has something to say:

Life Well, it must be both sweet and sour.