Chapter 28

Shang Ye lowered his eyes and glanced at him, and then said: "I understand, let's take care of your family affairs first."

"Liquidated damages..."

"I won't charge you liquidated damages. I'll wait until you finish your family affairs. Come back again."

Mi Chun looked at him blankly: "But, I don't know when I will finish my work."

"No rush." ​​Shang Ye's tone was still light, "I will make an appointment with the ophthalmologist for you tomorrow morning. If you don't sleep, you won't be able to catch up."

Mi Chun stepped forward to push Shang Ye's wheelchair, but he held his hand: "This is still far from where you live, will you sleep here today?"

Mi Chun He said, "I'll get up early tomorrow."

Lying on the familiar bed, Mi Chun, who had always slept well, had a rare insomnia. The quality of the bed was not very good. He used to sleep well and could stay awake all night, but today he has insomnia. I was tossing and turning, and the bed was creaking.

Shang Ye was sleeping in a daze, but Mi Chun's bed kept making noises: "Can't you sleep?"

"Did it bother you?" Mi Chun turned over and sat up. There was no moon today, and it was dark outside the curtains, "I'll go Let me make breakfast for you."

Shang Ye glanced at the night light clock on the bedside: "It's only three o'clock, what to cook?"

Mi Chun sighed: "I really can't sleep, let me do something. "

Shang Ye didn't stop him anymore. The door that gradually closed blocked the light from the living room. Mi Chun turned on a night light on the balcony of the living room. There was still some thread left from the last time he embroidered Mu Guangji's purse. Mi Chun found the needle and wanted to work overtime to embroider a small sachet for Shang Ye.

His embroidery was very small and compact. It took him more than an hour to embroider it. He didn't bring many things to Shang Ye, and a small bag could fit them all. After packing them up, he made a breakfast for Shang Ye. , even lunch was prepared, and the air in the kitchen was filled with the sweet smell of white fungus and snow pear soup.

Shang Ye got up at the usual time and had an incredibly sumptuous breakfast, including steamed steamed buns, barley and lily porridge, stir-fried vegetables, and tofu in tomato sauce.

The pink lunch box contains sweet and sour pork ribs, corn and shrimp, mushrooms and rapeseed, steamed white rice with clear grains, and a cup of white fungus and snow pear soup.

"Didn't you sleep for a while last night?" Shang Ye loosened his tie that was a little tight, "I cooked so many dishes early in the morning."

Mi Chun scratched his head: "I really want to thank you, but I don't know that you If there is anything missing, I can only cook you some food."

Shang Ye was very considerate to him. He ate all the stir-fried vegetables that he didn't usually eat. After eating, he looked at the rice that Mi Chun had brought when he came and was placed next to the foyer. The contents of the small bag seem to have not increased. How did he come here and how will he leave now.

Pushing Shang Ye to the door, Mi Chun looked at the closed door and suddenly felt depressed: "Mr. Shang, you can change the password later."

Shang Ye looked up at him: "Why change it?"

Mi Chun Jun was also confused by his question. All the jobs he had done before were like this. When the time limit expired, his employer would immediately change the code on the door at home. This should be an agreed upon thing.

Mi Chun suppressed her emotions and shook her head at him: "It's okay, I'll take you down."

The driver was Xiao Li. The young man's energy was still very good. Uncle Chen must still be sleeping soundly at this moment. He I got up energetically and even went for a few runs downstairs when I got up early.

Watching Shang Ye get into the car, Mi Chun stood there and waved to him. When Shang Ye lowered the window, Mi Chun bowed to him and thanked him for taking care of him for so long.

Shang Ye looked at him puzzled: "What are you doing?"

"I'm saying goodbye."

"Hurry up and get in the car. The doctor's appointment for you is at nine o'clock in the morning. You went home until nine o'clock, how can you give me Is your mother looking at your eyes?"

Mi Chu then climbed into the car and smiled at Shang Ye: "I have so many words of thanks, I don't even know how to say them."

Shang Ye raised the partition in front and closed the small Li blocked the two of them: "If you want to thank me, just come back after finishing your work."

"Can I still come back?" Mi Chun's Adam's apple rolled.

"Okay, so focus on taking care of your family first."

As he spoke, the car had already driven downstairs to Mi Chun's house. Shang Ye watched him get out of the car and picked up his luggage. The small shadows that had originally disappeared gradually. Shang Ye just Ask Xiao Li to continue driving.

After all, Yu Zimei is old. She was very tired from the day's running around yesterday. She had just woken up when Mi Chun came back. There was still nothingness in front of her, and Yu Zimei's spirit was also very low.

"Mom, let's go to the hospital after dinner. Mr. Shang helped me get a specialist account." Mi Chunqiang helped Yu Zimei eat something before taking her to go out.

While waiting for the bus, I received a call from Manager Chen: "Xiaomi, I heard that you are no longer working at Mr. Shang's place?"

Mi Chun was stunned for a moment, then put Yu Zimei in place and walked to the other side to answer the phone: " Yes, I have already made an agreement with Mr. Shang."

Manager Chen over there cleared his throat and said, "You know you are violating the contract, right?"

Mi Chun's hand that was not holding the phone didn't know How to place it, twisting around the corner of his clothes: "But Mr. Shang didn't say anything."

Manager Chen hummed: "Mr. Shang is Mr. Shang, but you also violated the contract with the company and broke the contract without reason, which led to The company's losses."

Mi Chun said with difficulty: "Do you want me to compensate you?"

"Do you know that this is your fault in the first place? The company means that you are the old man of the company after all, and we can't comply with the contract. I will ask you for the terms, so you only need to hand over 30% of your income from this order to the company."

Mi Chun lowered his eyes, and just about to speak to refuse, he heard Manager Chen say again: "You are so flattering I'm going to leave. Mr. Shang still needs new caregivers. The staff has been submitted. I've also heard that Mr. Shang treats you well. The company decides the salary of Mr. Shang's new caregiver. He will pay part of it, and the other part will be paid by him. It will be deducted from the liquidated damages you paid."

Mi Chun thought of what he had done before, and Mr. Shang was indeed very kind to him. He vented his anger and took him out to play. Originally, according to past practice, this salary had to be paid to the company's four parties. The six percent now belongs to him alone. It is reasonable for the company to want the 30 percent now.

Mi Chun relaxed a little, and then said: "Manager Chen, because my mother is sick, I don't know how much the surgery will cost, so can I wait until I take my mother to the hospital for treatment before I compensate the company? If it's not enough , I will work hard to save money."

"I also know that you are in difficulty, but the company requires that there is nothing I can do." Manager Chen agreed simply and neatly, as if he knew that he had gone too far before, and asked again: "Can you do it alone? Do you need someone from the company to come over? Help you?"

"No, no, I can do it myself. Is it true that I can't give you more time?"

The answer was still rejection. The manager over there listened to his bargaining and said, "If you don't pay, The company can sue you for liquidated damages. You don't want your mother to be left alone, right?"

Under Manager Chen's coercion and inducement, Mi Chun had no choice but to plan a trip to the bank in the afternoon. He couldn't be detained. What would Yu Zimei do if she was detained?

After hanging up the phone, Mi Chun's waist slumped. He felt that the burden on his shoulders was getting heavier, but he couldn't show it in front of Yu Zimei, so he took her to the eye hospital.

Taking the number given by Shang Ye, they successfully saw the expert. Mi Chun was a little curious. Although other clinics were full of people outside, they were the only ones entering this clinic.

But he had no time to take care of anything else, so he did a lot of tests under the advice of experts. Finally, the nurse took Yu Zimei to rest, and Mi Chun entered the doctor's office alone.

"It's like this. Your mother's condition is very serious." The doctor pointed to a report sheet. "The human optic nerve is very complex. Let's look at this. There is a tumor in your mother's eye, which is compressing the optic nerve. Originally, This situation is very simple, and we have performed many similar operations."

The doctor picked up another report: "But your mother's situation is more serious. She not only has tumors around her eyes, but there are also tumors pressing inside her skull. Her optic nerve, so she is acutely blind. If the operation is not performed as soon as possible, the blindness may be permanent."

Mi Chun opened his mouth, but found that he did not even make a sound: "If the operation is performed, what will the recovery be like? Like?"

The doctor said very solemnly: "I really can't guarantee you a 100% recovery after surgery. Everyone's body is different, but I can only say that the result will not be worse than it is now."

Mi Chun The most critical and straightforward question was asked: "How much does this surgery cost?"

The doctor had seen a lot and was very blunt about the patient's concerns: "The initial estimate is around 100,000. If the prognosis is Okay, it's about RMB 10,000, but if the prognosis is not good, the cost of later treatment may double."

Mi Chun's hands hung down weakly. He had been working for almost five years, and counting Mr. Shang, he had not yet settled anything . His salary is just enough to collect 150,000 yuan. He still has some room to spare, but he has to pay a compensation, and now he is already stretched thin. If the prognosis of the operation is not good, then he will really be on the verge of death. .

Seeing the embarrassment on his face, the doctor reassured him: "Just buy all the medical insurance and everything else. Although our hospital's reimbursement ratio is not high, it can at least reduce the burden."

Mi Chun nodded and came out of the doctor's office to find Yu Zimei: "Mom, I'm going to go through the hospitalization procedures. The doctor said it's nothing serious."

"Don't I know my own body? Don't treat me. It's just a waste of your money."

Mi Chun stopped and put his arm around her shoulders: "What's yours and mine? I make money so that we can live a better life. Without you, I might not be able to survive. Don't say this again in the future."

Mi Chun usually speaks softly and softly. Yes, this was the first time he said harsh words to Yu Zimei: "Just cooperate with the treatment."

Yu Zimei said nothing and followed Mi Chun quietly.

Yonemura went to the bank to withdraw money and found that his salary had arrived. Although Shangye said many times that he would deduct his salary, he actually gave him more than what was agreed. He paid two separate payments separately from his salary. One is salary and one is bonus.

He held his bank card, feeling desolate in his heart in the sunny afternoon.

After completing all the procedures, Mi Chun leaned against the bed and took a breath. He clenched his fists. He was the best at taking care of patients. This time, he was taking care of his own relatives, which would be easier.

After making an appointment with the doctor for the surgery, Mi Chun basically stayed in the hospital every day with Yu Zimei, talking to him and educating her every day, making the aunt in the next bed envious.

"Your Xiaomi is really filial. Unlike mine, where no one is seen for several days."

The aunt next door saw Mi Chun applying a hot towel to Yu Zimei's eyes and talked to her with a smile.

"Yes, he is filial."

Yu Zimei's mentality has improved a lot under Mi Chun's care in the past two days, and she no longer thinks about how much money to spend.

After asking the aunt next door to look after Yu Zimei, Mi Chun took the doctor's order and went to the pharmacy downstairs to get medicine. When he returned to the ward, he took the stairs because the elevator was overloaded, but stopped in the orthopedics building on the fifth floor.

I haven't seen Mr. Shang for almost a week. The rehabilitation time I made with the doctor was these two days. Has rehabilitation started now?

He walked to the corridor outside the rehabilitation room by accident, and when he heard someone's voice, he ducked and stood in the corner.

"Mr. Shang, are you going in now?"

This was a completely unfamiliar voice to him, maybe it was just the same name.

"Yeah."

Mi Chun's hand froze in place. He had heard this word "um" countless times.

He moved his feet slightly outside and saw the people outside the rehabilitation room clearly. Mr. Shang's new caregiver held his arm and put most of his weight on her body. Then the two of them walked in next to each other. Rehabilitation room.

Mi Chun held the medicine box tightly in his hand, feeling that the air in this corner was a little thin. He opened his mouth wide to breathe, but it didn't help. He didn't understand the feelings and could only escape in a hurry.

--------------------

The author has something to say:

take the cub to the hospital, update early today

ps: clip on tomorrow, so update at 11pm!