Part 3: Second chances; Chapter 126: Just know I am always by your side

"What do you mean staying in the same room with you?" Ivy questioned as she walked with Jeremy to their hotel room in the alley.

"Why are there so many guards today I noticed. Since from the office till now. Is that really necessary?" Ivy whined as Jeremy kept quiet all the way.

I'm sorry. Bear with me. Jeremy said in mind.

"Knock knock, I'm talking to the wall?" Ivy was agitated as nothing had been smoothly going as planned. With the family's chaos, the constant need to be careful, the close monitoring of the managers, the success of the event, and Ryu last minute backing out, that alone was enough trouble for her to solve but seeing his unstable self earlier, worries her even more as she took off Ryu's guitar from her shoulder.

She was exhausted from coaxing Ryu earlier but lucky for her Nick decided to accompany him tonight at her grandma's place while she had no choice but to stay in the hotel to be able to start practicing with Jeremy.

"Let me carry it for you..." Jeremy offered as they reached their room.

"Ha! I'm not going to stay..." Before Ivy could finish retaliating, Jeremy grabbed her guitar and pulled her into the room.

He quickly set up a space for her to sit with her guitar and drew the curtain open.

"Happy now? I will shower first and after that, you will. I will take the couch tonight." He did not give her a chance to argue as he immediately went into the bathroom leaving Ivy still trying to register the sudden turn of events that had abrupted.

When she finally regained her composure, the sight of the balcony reminded her of her stays with Jason back then. She forced her bittersweet feeling aside as she immersed herself in editing the song arrangement.

The original arrangement was for Ryu to sing one verse and be followed by her before they led the crowd to join in the last verse as they did in his fans' meeting as the song was originally written to comfort Ivy by Ryu.

She read the lyrics one round and was wondering if she could sing one round followed by Jeremy. That way the lyrics would resonate better given their relationship was of a couple status. The lyrics could be interpreted differently.

At her first strum of the guitar, she sang with Jason and Ray in mind.

Hey...

How's it going?

You may laugh and smile

You may say you're alright

But I know...

It hurts

But I want you to know

You have me

I will always be by your side

For you to lean on

Rant on

Do all you want

Cause I want you to know

You're strong

You're the sunshine to my moody days

You're the glimmer of hope on my lucky days

You're more than who you think you are to be...

Just know I am always by your side...

Somehow the lyrics found their way to comfort her and Jeremy both that night. He stood behind half drying his hair while half fascinated by Ivy's singing. The more Ivy practiced, the more she could feel the lyrics were words she wanted to tell Jeremy.