Part 3: Second chances; Chapter 116 - Your feisty side

Charles indeed had made Ray in charge of the drug supplies that night on double loads.

"Why are the loads doubled?" Ray asked Kerela the one who instructed the underlings to add on more. Ray found out he was also Charles' right-hand man.

"Master had instructed," Kerela replied harshly which Ray knew better to not retaliate after seeing Jeremy's warning. Kerela was a cold-blooded man who would kill for anything to ensure the drugs were transported accordingly. Ray had seen those who made mistakes went down in his hand one by one.

There was another partner in crime of his, Xylo who was known as an assasinator, whom Ray had yet to see. Ray was slowly getting used to the brutal ways things were getting done down there. Though he feared for his life, he knew he was a chess piece of Charles at the moment. Hence, he did not hesitate with his curiosity.

As he drove the loads that night and proceeded with the hidden plan of replacing them with fake drugs bit by bit together with Jeremy's underlings upon arrival, that night they had no choice but to let half of the loads go to be successful. Ray knew it was better that way to gain more trust.

Ivy took the opportunity to question the two underlings in the car with Jeremy leaning onto her shoulder with occasional incoherent sentences. "What does he usually drink?" Ivy asked as she folded her arms and raised an eyebrow.

Real who was bald and seated on the passenger seat looked up at the back mirror.

"Hard liquors..." He kept his answers brief as though not want Ivy to know more.

"Was he always this drunk?" She questioned again, raising an eyebrow. This time the driver, Chiang who parked the car in a red traffic light nodded along with Real.

"Does he talk rubbish or truth when he is drunk?" They shook their head. Ivy creased her forehead finding it strange but shrugged it off.

"Where are his meetings always?" They both hesitated to answer as Chiang began to drive when the traffic light turned green.

"Is alright just let me know." She insisted as she squinted her eyes at the rear mirror piercing at Real. Real was looking at Chiang for a signal.

"At Charles bar," Chiang said which made Ivy give up pushing them to pry for more information.

"Must be hard on all of you. If my Uncle Charles gives him any trouble, don't hesitate to call me. After all, he is my fiance." She sat closer to the front after pushing Jeremy to lean on the window. She handed out her name card for Real to save her number.

"I could pay you both some money. Besides, aren't you in this industry for fast cash?" At first, they both were skeptical but her bargain was too hard to resist and they both nodded in agreement when Chiang pulled up in front of the Rahi family home.

As she dragged Jeremy into the house, Daisy began to worry when they both turned up at the front door. "Oh, dear he is drunk again..." She lamented worriedly as she began to run to the kitchen.

"Don't worry mum! I got him! Don't worry. Blame my uncle for making him drink." Ivy assured while half catching her breath and sustaining his weight on her. Daisy tried to help Ivy to pull him upstairs. Fortunately, Jeremy was a little sober after he threw up earlier to be able to lift his own weight.

When they reached his room, Daisy quickly wet the towel on her hand in the washroom as Ivy threw him onto his bed. In a way, it was revenge for the same thing he did to her the night before. He waved his hands with incoherent words as Daisy returned with the wet towel.

"Mum, let me. Don't worry I am good with taking care of drunkards. My grandma used to operate a noodles shop and many came to drink." Ivy assured her as Daisy nodded and handed her the towel.