Part 2: 4 2 1 (For you); Chapter 79: You're really something, Melody

Ever since telling Auntie Soh that he wanted to learn from her the secrets of his grandma's chili noodles, Ray had been spending time. and even investing in the business to keep it running efficiently with online order integration into the business structure. He had been communicating with Jin about his moves on the small-scale business and they both had agreed that the business should be kept alive.

At least, there's still something for all of them to fall back on in case anything goes wrong in Rahi's or Ophal's business. With that, Jin decided to invest with Ray in the business operations as a shareholder. While Ray still tried to master the cooking part which he left for Auntie Soh at the moment to deal with, he was coordinating the orders and deliveries.

Despite being relatively busy, he was still remotely keeping an eye on both Ophal and Rahi's operations matters. Rahi's end had since slowed down due to no one to replace Jason on talks. They had been hiring for close to two months but yet they just couldn't find suitable candidates as good and promising as Jason or Nick.

Nick, ever since he was discharged nearly a month, had been spacing out aimlessly at his own house which Marcel had been staying with to keep him accompany. However, as Nick had been diagnosed with depression recently, Ray stepped up to take care of Nick instead and kept an eye on him when Marcel was too busy with Ophal's side over at Landsfield. Ray had tried to bring Nick out of the house but he just wouldn't barge leaving Ray with no choice but to get Nick's doctor to sedate him. That way, they moved Nick easily to Ray's grandma's place which was more conducive for Nick, especially with the greenhouse which Nick was instantly attracted to when he was awake.

As Marcel had the mandate of the Ophal family to act on behalf of the directors and shareholders and his influence at the Ophal was strong, Marcel's presence in the operation matters had slightly suppressed Jeremy's activities. However, it wasn't enough to stop Jeremy from continuing with his illicit business. He had been busy negotiating more deals of money laundering in progress.

Jin, who had been juggling with his studies and tracking Jeremy's activities with the help of Uncle James' minions, had picked up on a trace. It led him to a piece of dangerous news related to Melody's family which was worrying.

"Ai Yu, dinner's ready..." Cassandra said as she place the bowl of soup on the dining table while Jin sat quietly reading his results on the laptop.

"Jin..." Cassandra went over and held him on his shoulder as he relaxed a little into her arms. Cassandra read his findings on his laptop and saw it was of Jeremy's latest movements but what took her attention was when she saw the money laundering activity involved a loan scheme to the public.

"What is going on?" Cassandra asked shockingly as she squatted next to Jin and read closer on his findings.

"He set up a loan company that loaned to the public with low interest and the innocent could repay slowly but in actual fact, the money loaned out was laundered from the sale of drugs. They extort back the money as and when they need it back and not as per the agreed installments." Jin explained as Cassandra gasped.

"This is absurd! We must stop this!" Cassandra said in anger.

Jin sighed worriedly and Cassandra noticed something else was bothering him. She held his hand in his.

"What is it? What else is wrong? Tell me..." Cassandra coaxed as Jin showed her another finding.

She saw the details of the victims on the tablet but had no clue what was wrong. Noticing nothing was alarming to Cassandra, Jin took the liberty to explain to her.

"I think one of the names there is the father of Ryu's fan. Do you know the fan's family name?" Jin asked as Cassandra shook her head. "We should speak with him," Cassandra said as she continued to study the list again before the house's lift rang.