Part 2: 4 2 1 (For you); Chapter 98: A song for you

Ivy was dreading the meeting with Ryu's fans as she wasn't sure if she was prepared for a large audience after her recovery. At breakfast, she deliberately tried to act normal in front of Nick. Though they had clarified that the kiss wasn't meant to be, they both still felt a little shy and awkward around each other.

Though it was a weekend, Marcel was still indulging in work while Ray went to work out. Ivy didn't want to be alone with Nick so she went to look for Marcel in the hope of getting to know more about the office situation.

Nick who noticed the awkwardness decided not to anticipate for Ivy to join him in gardening for the day. He comforted himself that he felt better that way too.

Marcel was surprised at the sight of Ivy knocking at his room. "Yes?" He asked as Ivy entered and sat in front of him with a smile while he wondered the reason for her looking for him as she rarely did.

"Oh, you must be here to follow up on the shares paper? Don't worry, it's all submitted and settled. Congratulations Miss Largest Shareholder." He assured her as she smiled proudly and nodded.

He squinted his eyes in suspicion of Ivy's motives. "So..." He questioned again with an eyebrow raised.

"Nothing. I just wonder what's the progress with the lease rental of the cultural town that we had overseen long ago. It's already nearly half a year and the construction seems to go nowhere looking at the progress that day." She asked with a serious note which send Marcel confused for a moment but noting she was serious, he decided to let her know.

"Constructions are withheld till further notice," Marcel announced which alarmed Ivy.

"Are you kidding me?" Ivy yelled back as Nick who was outside couldn't help but peep in from the window. "Everything's alright?" He asked but his question was drowned in Ivy's vents.

"The accounts showed money has been flowing out always and the income generated from the talks though pathetic was used to cover the expenses of so call this construction wouldn't it? Else why are the expenses of Ophal's real estate so high that it's unbearable now? What exactly is Jeremy doing?!" Ivy was at the top of her temper. Marcel was indecisive to tell but lucky for him Ray who had finished his 5km jog stepped in to help.

"Jeremy is siphoning the money out for his illegal activities. The finance side has been covering up the accounts with window dressing. The company basically is running out of cash flow though operational-wise, it's still up and running. But..." Ray paused before Ivy and he said in unison. "... for how long?"

Ivy let out a heavy sigh in frustration as she swept her hair to the back and sat back on the chair in defeat thinking of a solution.

"No, this can't go on. I need to go back to the management and guard what's worth... We need to head back instantly before the damage is done." Ivy said as Ray gently patted her shoulder.

It's already done and dusted long gone. Ray thought.

"Don't worry..." Ray tried comforting but she knew it was a lie.

"How to not when it was my fault? When the entire situation was a trap in the first place." Ivy said making everyone realise the same.

"I promise Daisy I will teach Jeremy a lesson. I was weary of my capability but at this rate, I am not hesitating to put all I have to win this. If he wants to come after me, I can still accept it but he is harming each and every one of you whom I care and love. I will make him regret this." Ivy gripped tightly to Ray's arm which made him feel the fierceness in her conviction so prominent that Ray was beginning to be afraid of what she would do.

"Whatever it is, don't let yourself get harmed..." He said with concern as she nodded with assurance to him.

Just when Ray was thinking about how to break such a tense situation, Ryu was skipping into the house whistling. "Yoo-hoo! Where's everyone? I'm home!"