Chapter 33: Do not forget your promise

Ivy was looking out at the bright orange lit skies as she slowly noticed hues of red were approaching the skies above her.

"Ivy, we need to fight!" Phoenix's echo was heard from her left as he was eyeing on the ground and saw their mother's troops of army were approaching them at the cliff. Ivy then realised, she was back in her paracosm.

Ivy quickly darted her eyes to the source of the marching footsteps sound as her eyes slowly widened in fear. She knew with her recent upgrade in her mythical powers, she was strong enough to fight them.

"Alright!" Ivy said hurriedly before summoning her sword and fought their enemy fearlessly. With her determination to keep not just her dogs and grandma safe but also Phoenix who had been sacrificing for her, she didn't hesitate to manslaughter.

However, Phoenix was controlling her from causing any unnecessary casualties. After all, the army was only following the orders of their mother.

"Ivy! It's not worth it!" Phoenix yelled from afar the moment Ivy wanted to pierce her sword into one of the army man's chest. She gave the man a piercing look before dropping him to the ground instead. Only then did she realised the entire troop had lost against the both of them.

As soon as Phoenix and Ivy felt relief, portals of serpents appeared up in the bright red sky.

"Phoenix! Kill this time!" Ivy yelled at him from a distance and before he could stop her, she had flown to fight the serpents entering from one of the portals.

Phoenix was suddenly filled with anger at the scheme of their mother as he noticed the serpents appeared even before he was angry. He finally knew the serpents were no longer feeding on his anger but instead were their mother's mythic powers despite being sealed in a prism.

Back when he lost his memories, it was a spell their mother had put on him so that whenever he was agitated, the serpents would serve as his backup to kill with him. Ever since he merged his mythic power with Ivy, the spell had broken. He knew his only hope was to kill all these serpents and exhaust their mother's power. It was a fight of endurance which he knew he could sustain but he was worried for Ivy who was new to her mythical powers.

He flew up to help Ivy out as they brutally slaughtered the never ending waves of serpents without hesitation. In mind, he planned to let the troop of army lead them back to their kingdom to plead for their father to send them to the reflection tower as it was the only redemption he could give Ivy.

It was the only way he could end this war between his family members and sacrifice himself in return for Ivy's chance to live on even if it meant losing his memory again or cease to exist. He knew it was worth it regardless of his consequences as long as he could change Ivy's destiny.

A wail was heard alerting Phoenix to look out for Ivy who was being chased as she was beginning to feel tired. As she flew down to the ground, in the nick of time, Ivy could feel the force of her falling off to the ground slower. She felt herself lifted up vertically instead before a fast blow stumbled her off.

Ivy finally woke up to find herself unable to move and faced with a slithering tongue serpent with his head perching out from a black portal. Lucky was pacing by her side while whining as Ivy fought her fears and tears. She forcefully tried to grip her fingers into a fist as thoughts of death and drowning into the dark abyss flooded Ivy's mind. Lucky began to lick her face instead and in that moment of fear and feeling vulnerable, she suddenly could feel Lucky's tongue.

She successfully gripped her fingers into a fist after a short terrifying moment of struggle. She instantly sat up with folded knees and cried her lungs out. With the events unfolding lately, the emptiness slowly made her feel unwanted as she hugged onto Lucky for refuge.