Part 3: Second chances; Chapter 112: Have a little faith in yourself

A text message from John distracted Ivy from moon gazing. He told her that he would pick her up from the secret passage Daisy would know. She squinted her eyes at the awkward first message from John as she replied in acknowledgment before she went to get ready.

She noticed her wardrobe was growing with Cassandra's tailormade dresses. Though they looked good on her with her temporary position in the company, she did not want to look too standout with John. Instead, she rummaged through her luggage for the simple black and white formal attire she got when Jason first hired her.

She smiled looking at herself in the mirror, recalling the happy times she had with Jason. She realised it was her first time ever smiling thinking about Jason. A soft urgent knock on her room's front door distracted her as she went to answer it and saw Daisy smiling at her.

"Morning..." Daisy greeted her as Ivy gave her a hug.

"Morning... I..." Ivy wanted to explain John's message but Daisy nodded and instructed her to keep quiet about it, eyeing at Jeremy's room direction.

"Let's head down for breakfast..." She ushered as Ivy followed obediently looking at Jeremy's room while Daisy gently patted her back to assure her it would be fine.

When Ivy was downstairs, Daisy quickly dragged Ivy to the side door of the house with a packed breakfast, heading towards the garden shaded by arches of roses. It was impossible to even notice there was a gate there from the top floors.

"Mum, what's going on?" Ivy questioned as the moment she saw John standing by the entrance of the camouflaged gate by the creepers, she knew this was what John meant.

"Ivy, meet John... Jason and Jeremy's father. Honey, meet Ivy..." Daisy introduced as Ivy stood watching John's feature which looked alike to Jason. He was almost identical to Jason except for an older version of him. Having said so, she noticed Jeremy took more of Daisy's features, especially her wide beautiful eyes.

"Hello, Ivy..." John greeted warmly as he opened his arms wide for her to come forward.

"Hello, Mr. Rahi?" She questioned shyly as the couple chuckled. "Just call him dad." Daisy urged as Ivy stepped forward into his hug.

"Good to finally meet you, Ivy. I have heard a lot about you." John paused realising he was looking at Daisy's face who was beaming with happiness. It had been a long while since he saw that look and he recalled the last time he did was when she held baby Jeremy. There and then he realised Ivy holds the key to his family's happiness moving forward.

"Unfortunately, I am in a rush to the airport. So, join me while we talk. I will get my driver to send you to the office today." John said in a rush while she stayed still in his embrace.

She nodded in agreement before he led her quickly into the car. Ivy watched him get Daisy into a quick kiss and hug before heading into the car as the driver started to drive off. Ivy envied the couple for a moment and lamented in her mind that Peter must have been lonely all these years. She made a note to accompany Peter more after this. Hence, leaving more reasons to pursue business faculty in Landsfield.

"Alright let's get down to business," John said taking out a file and passing it to Ivy.

Ivy reached out to it and read the proposal with contingent plans on saving the business as John continued to watch her serious look. He was already glad to hear so much about her and now he was even more sure that she could do well in executing his proposal.

She was surprised at the suggestion in the proposal as she pondered for a moment if it would be right. She browsed through several suggestions on the marketing plans but did not see anything on the cashflows as her forehead creased in frustration.