Chapter 56: The importance of business stability's assurance

As she tried to wipe away her tears, Jason stirred a little and opened his eyes when he heard Ivy sniff. He frowned even more at the sight of Ivy crying again as he quickly held her tight in his arms.

"Don't cry... I promise you I will handle Nancy's issue well." He whispered as he kissed her forehead. Ivy shook her head as she tried to sit up in bed and force herself to explain the truth.

"I'm sorry I had to hide this for so long as the plan was for you to fly back early morning today..." Ivy stopped briefly to wipe away her tears as Jason sat up confused.

"What do you mean Ivy? Fly to where?" Jason asked as Ivy took a deep breath before telling him the truth. In the back of her mind, she reminded herself that her brothers had already made arrangements to accompany Jason on the flight and for her to the meeting. Hence, she should keep calm as everything was under control.

"Jason... There was an accident involving your mother and your grandmother yesterday..." However, Ivy's emotions got the better of her as she choke on her words. "Your grandmother had passed away..." Ivy forced herself to continue as her tears were flowing uncontrollably. The shocking look on Jason's face made her heartache as she pulled him in for a comforting hug. When Jason finally registered the news from Ivy, he couldn't help but hug Ivy by her waist tightly, trying to recall the last time he ever saw his grandma. The thought of his mother made him wonder how distressed she must be which jolted him back to his senses.

"I need to fly now... I need to go..." Jason mumbled as he tried to get out of bed while Ivy tried to control her emotions and helped him.

"Alright... Go ahead and wash up first." Ivy helped to walk him over to the washroom as she closed the door behind her and heard Jason begin to sob standing in front of the mirror as he let the tap water flow. Ivy who heard it loud and clear struggled to keep her emotions under control as she left Jason alone for a while.

Meanwhile, Ivy helped him to pack his belongings. She breathed a sigh of relief when she found a set of dark-colored formal wear he brought along in his luggage as she heard the washroom door open.

She quickly handed it over to Jason who was still in his casual wear when he returned from washing his face. Ivy helped to wipe his face dry as he rested his head on her shoulder momentarily.

"It's alright... I will handle everything else. Go, get ready first." Ivy comforted as Jason nodded and took his clothing from Ivy to head in for a shower while Ivy went on to pack up other documents. She also finally had the time to respond to Ray on his prior arrangements for himself and Mr. Jin to pick Jason to the airport while Jin would come over with Cassandra to pick her up and head to the meeting together. As Ray updated her that they were all already on their way to the hotel, Jason stepped out of the washroom looking lost after the shower.

Ivy quickly sat him down on the bed and handed him a bottle of water while she went to wash up first. When she stepped out of the washroom thereafter, she found Jason kept staring into space dumbfound.

The sight was enough to break her heart as she went over and hugged him momentarily before her phone rang with a text message from Ray telling her that they all had arrived with her clothes and were in the lobby waiting. A part of her was relief that Ray was smart enough to plan for himself to accompany Jason as she definitely wouldn't let Jason board alone while looking so lost.

"Let's go..." Ivy urged Jason gently as Jason stood but couldn't bring himself to walk forward as he looked at Ivy.

"Don't worry..." Ivy reassured him as she looked deep into his weary eyes.

"Ray will fly with you over and take care of you till you reach. I will help you settle this deal with Jin and we will fly over tonight. I will see you tonight alright? Wait for me?" Ivy said as she blinked back her tears watching Jason nod slightly although he was aware of Ivy's explanation but was too distracted by his thoughts worrying about his mother's conditions and grieving over the loss of his grandma. She hugged him one last time before sending him to the lobby as Mr. Jin and Ray drove away with him leaving Cassandra and Jin waiting for Ivy to change before she returned down to head to the meeting.