Part 3: Second chances; Chapter 123: The sword of love

Warning: This chapter contains content that may not be suitable for some readers

As Ivy drove to freshen up quickly at home, her mind had been generating ideas of utilising the funds from John. She was going to twist her ways to ensure the money could not land on Charles' hand.

As Jeremy stirred awake he sat up with a very heavy head as Daisy helped him.

"Mum, why are you here? I'm fine. Aww, why is my head so heavy?" Jeremy groaned as he held his head.

"From now on, you must work out or at the very least walk an hour in our garden daily. Drink lesser..." Daisy's voice choked recalling his situation the night before as Jeremy grimaced wondering what happened.

"Mum, at least tell me what happened?" He said as Daisy smacked him.

"Are you trying to scare Ivy and make her live in depression?! After your brother's accident do you know how hard was it for her to be able to step out of her trauma? How could you?! Just how could you attempt to drink to your death with sleeping pills? Do you know how lucky you were when she made you throw up the pills by drinking soap water?!" Daisy vented as Jeremy was stunned for a moment recalling he was trying to sleep but the pain from the headache was excruciating plus the muscle pain.

"I am here because... of... intoxication?" Jeremy questioned as it came as a surprise to him. Daisy smacked him again.

"You're banned from drinking from now on if you can't take care of yourself! Jeremy, it's fine if you don't care about me or your father cause for all I know you only care about the inheritance but at least be more human! Ivy is still a very young girl who had no choice but to be pulled into this mess of yours! If you don't know how to take care of yourself at least be responsible for once for the mess you caused!" Daisy vented before leaving the room and let him realise it was a big mistake he had made this time.

He sat worrying about Ivy only to find out from Real that she had gone to work. He requested to be discharged on the same day to have a chance to see her knowing she would not come to visit. Daisy's scolding somewhat made him realise if he continued to be reckless, he would not be able to fulfill his promise to Ray.

Ivy sat through with Marcel the entire day in the office brainstorming their ideas on John's suggestion to incorporate a new company.

"I agree John has a point. But on execution wise, you need to plan every detail." Marcel reminded.

"From the plans we have gone through the whole day, how trustworthy are the segment managers?" Ivy questioned as Marcel assessed in his mind.

"From the record, they had been with the company for a long time and were personally chosen by Peter himself. So, on the surface, they definitely are trustworthy to join the new team as the core. However..." They both knew there might be a possibility that they might have been bought over by Charles or Jeremy.

"There's no doubt about that. There's still a possibility. I would suggest we use the weekend's event as a test." Ivy suggested as Marcel raised an eyebrow aligning his thoughts to hers.

"Meaning if there's something wrong with one section, the manager will be disqualified after a thorough assessment," Ivy explained as Marcel nodded in agreement slowly.

"Now, I couldn't find a suitable candidate to lead the new company. I mean eventually it will be you but I still need you here." Ivy explained as Marcel instantly had someone in mind.

"Archwabal. Remember him?" Marcel asked as Ivy sat up straight as the name triggered her interest.

"What happened to him?" Ivy questioned curiously. "He resigned immediately after Jeremy took over while you were in a coma. He was the general manager who overlooked all the boys' work." Marcel explained.