Chapter 31: Hello, my friend

After history lessons, Sandra and Andrew quickly dragged Ivy out of the lecture hall and headed to the park nearby the car park.

"Slow down, you two!" Ivy squealed in nervousness as they both continued to hurriedly dragged her down a hill slope.

"Hurry Ivy!" Andrew urged as they finally reached an empty bench and sat her down.

"Alright, you may start..." Sandra said as they put down their bags on the bench and stood in front of her, ready to listen out.

Ivy looked at both of them amused and grateful for their companion as she held out both hands and pulled them down to sit next to her.

"Thank you for the great genuine friendship I could ever ask for..." Ivy said, smiling at each of them.

"Ivy, know that we are always around when you need us even if you decide not to leave town, we will fly or drive back just to be with you when in need next time..." Andrew emphasised as Ivy looked down on the ground unable to hide her sadness over the topic they just mentioned. She decided it was time to let them know her thoughts.

"Don't worry about that. I will be with you both next year too..." Ivy thought she would be fine to let them know but in actual fact, it was opening up one of her open wounds even wider as she let her head hang facing down the ground in disappointment. Her mind slowly drifted to think about having to leave Jason.

"You have already decided to pursue business instead of law?" Sandra asked after a moment of silence as Andrew and Sandra were both surprised at her choice. Sandra gently rubbed Ivy's back as a comfort noticing her sad face. Ivy nodded with confidence.

"Yes, this internship made me realise my potential and I think it would be a waste to just centralised with law. Besides, I always have my debate buddy by my side!" Ivy smiled a little while hanging one arm over Andrew's shoulder. "But law has always been your passion, Ivy..." Andrew reminded Ivy as Ivy shook her head. "I can always come back to it some time in the future when life is more stable... For now, pursuing business is the right choice..." Ivy said with a strong conviction as Andrew and Sandra who both knew how much she loved debates and law, couldn't help but to feel bad for her.

Andrew let go of her arm at the thought of Jason.

"Ivy, what about your relationship with Jason? Don't use the fake thing as an excuse. It is very obvious you both have feelings for each other. Don't even ask me how I know. After hiding my feelings from Sandra, how do you think I wouldn't be able to read your situation? What is this pact you made with Nancy you said earlier?" Andrew nagged as he was reminded of Ivy telling them the reason she was sad earlier in class. Ivy hopelessly let him guess all of it as she smirked at herself for letting all of the things she wanted to hide, written all over her face.

In the end, she could only put a thumb up to Andrew. She knew Andrew was smart all along. If only he could channel them to useful things, he would turn out to be brilliant.

"It will end as planned. After all, it was a promise I made with someone who loves Jason and deserves him more than anyone else. The sacrifice she made to make her realise her feelings shouldn't go to waste." Ivy said with assurance, trying not to worry them both but she didn't expect herself to be betrayed by the sudden crack in her voice.

"But what about yourself? Haven't you wanted to confess? Saying what you want is better than not saying it..." Sandra urged as Ivy shook her head.

"It's better not said...'' Ivy sighed as she blinked back her tears while both her friends sat by her side sympathising with her situation.

Sandra looked over at Andrew who both looked worriedly at Ivy. Andrew blinked his eyes to comfort Sandra who smiled a little knowing Sandra would probably want to spend more time with Ivy as he nodded.