Part 2: 4 2 1 (For you); Chapter 92: The traces you left behind

As Ivy was calmer, Nick held tightly to her hand and led her into the house. As he switched on the lights and drew all the curtains to open the windows, Ivy slowly made her way into the dining hall.

She touched the cold marble table sending her shivers for a moment, recalling the countless meals they had on it.

"Let's air the place and upstairs too," Nick suggested when he return to her and held her hand, feeling her hesitation to head up the stairs.

"I'm here. Don't worry. Come..." Nick urged as the tightened grip of his hand seems to provide Ivy with some strength to finally agree to head upstairs.

It was bright with the lights being switched on but the gloominess in the both of them was overwhelming. Nick had to toughen up himself as the familiar scent of Jason still lingers when they approached the end of the stairs.

Ivy stopped midway at the stairs as Nick went on to draw the curtains at the balcony revealing a once familiar view of her and Jason sitting at night with Lucky, discussing all sorts of matters while training her alcohol tolerance.

As Nick began to open up the sliding door, a part of Ivy wanted so badly to stop him to prevent the familiar scent of Jason from leaving. "Stop..." She mumbled but it was too late as Nick had already opened the sliding door widely. She couldn't help but shut her eyes tightly as the familiar scent of Jason slowly wafts away.

Ivy stood enduring her tumultuous emotions without noticing Nick who had opened every single door and window in each room. Nick then returned to her and held her by the stairs for a moment.

"It's alright. It's going to be alright..." Nick comforted her as he placed a petal of iris on her hand when he let her go.

"It seems you need this more than I do now." He said as she smiled sadly before taking a deep breath.

"Cry all you want. Let it go all you want. I am here with you." Nick said as Ivy recognise his verse. She least expected him to use it back on her as she smiled.

"So much for thinking how great I have recovered wanting to help him..." Ivy scolded herself as she slowly walked into Jason's room.

It still looked the same and nothing was touched. She wondered how Daisy was coping with Jason's father. She wondered how Lucky was as well. He must have been confused.

She walked past the dressing table and saw her reflection with the shimmering diamonds of her necklace as she caressed them and held them in her palm, imagining Jason's shadow behind her, embracing her or putting the necklace on her. Just the thought alone felt like swords piercing through her heart as her eyes reddened. Nick watched her from the doorway with a heavy heart as he understands her feelings very well.

She forced herself to walk out of the room abruptly and head to the balcony. She noticed the trees in front of the yard were much taller now. There were more dragonflies around. Noticing Nick was behind her, she took a seat on the bench and let the soft breeze soothe her dampen mood, hopelessly and forcefully having to accept the fact that Jason, was no longer around.

"I used to sit here with him, chatting away till late at night. Training my liquor tolerance... Talking about facts of life I hated... Forcing myself to face with the reality of life after my grandma's death and... Here I am again, forcing myself to accept the reality of his d..." Ivy's voice trailed away as Nick sat next to her and patted her shoulder as she leaned on him.

"I thought I had gotten over it and was accepting it when I came to see you... I thought I could give you hope to live on and move on. I thought I had cried till I had no more tears but ..." Ivy choked on her words as Nick wrapped her in for a hug.