Part 3: Second chances; Chapter 120: My heartbeat skipped a beat for a moment

Ivy decided to take a stroll to the exhibition site after breakfast. She needed some time to think about ways to handle Ryu and Melody's situation. It surprised her that Jeremy would want to take the stroll with her.

Hmm, what should I do to fix the couple's issues? Melody is doing a great favor but how to make that silly boy realise the facade? Ivy thought to herself as she sighed to herself when they walked towards the entrance of the historical town.

Jeremy being with Ivy for a while these days began to learn Ivy would have moments to herself to sort out her thoughts and come up with solutions on some days quietly. Hence, he left her to that while accompanying her side quietly to ensure she would be fine.

At the entrance, he noticed the windy road heading down a hill overseeing the river which flows to the sea. The entrance has a red-gold vibrant dragon head statue welcoming its guests by having them walk into its mouth.

He was curious about the concepts. "What's that?" He asked abruptly while pointing to the dragon's entrance which distracted Ivy from her messed-up thoughts.

She took a deep breath and snuck her palms into her pockets. "Haven't you read about the project before you came?" She raised an eyebrow while walking into the dragon's mouth.

"A little. But why this concept? There must be a story to it." He asked curiously before walking through as well.

"Not bad... You do pay attention. See there?" She pointed down the windy road ahead of them with her chin as he nodded.

"What does it show you?" She asked as he squinted his eyes to think awhile.

"Oh, a dragon!" He snapped his fingers as she smiled unexpectedly.

"Not bad. Not as stupid as I was told you are." She smirked as he rolled his eyes.

"The historical town tells the story of this dragon saving the town in the olden days from catastrophe together with its partner. The head here is now where the town amenities are. The police station is on your left. The fire station is on the right and the town council office is here." Ivy explained as she watched Jeremy taking an interest.

"So, these scales are in commemoration of the dragon's legend?" Jeremy asked as Ivy noticed he seemed to be more interested in the art. She nodded.

"Here at the neck of the dragon's is where the locals purchase their local produce at the variety of tuck shops and grocery stores. You get a lot of raw ingredients from freshly ground flour which would be turned into freshly hand-made noodles." Ivy continued to explain as Jeremy observed around.

"Even the chilies were processed locally without a factory?" Jeremy questioned as Ivy nodded while they walked further down.

"And here. The heart of the dragon, you know it as the exhibition site. It's mostly where the performances are and long ago they used to have opera shows and local musical shows." Ivy wanted to head in when Jeremy held her hand which startled her.

Jeremy was caught by surprise at his own sudden action but he did not want to let go. "There are reporters around. You never know. Besides, you haven't finished your brief." He said as he led her down to the windy road.

Ivy wanted to retaliate but it was too late as they were already in another corner of the road. "So let me guess, this is where all the local eateries are?" He asked as she tried to regain her composure.

"Yes. The stomach of the dragon." She briefly mentioned. "Chang and Real are great when it comes to food. It was my second time having Auntie Soh's nonspicy noodles today. I wish to try the spicy version soon." He said happily as they walked hand in hand.