Chapter 48: This household will never be the same again

Ivy thought she could stay on Manes longer considering her family had returned to Landsfield only to find she was wrong when Peter turned up the next morning with his secretary Mr. Jin at the hospital when she was about to check out of the ward with Jason.

"Aww daddy, please... Could you let me stay a few more days?" Ivy pleaded with Peter as she coughed a little. Peter sat scrolling on his tablet over reports trying to ignore her.

"No..." Peter said sternly as he continued scrolling.

"Daddy, please... Would you listen to me? Please..." Ivy shook his hand which made him a little agitated for not being able to read his reports in peace when Mr. Jin walked out of the room. Jason followed behind as Peter stood looking at Mr. Jin who nodded at him. Peter knew Mr. Jin had done his task of informing Jason of their plans.

Peter initially wanted to let Ivy have some time with Jason but his extended family had been pestering him upon hearing the news of their company merger with Rahi's consulting to meet Ivy. Hence, he had no choice but to push forward their family dinner to tonight. He had ensured Mr. Jin explained their situation and had also arranged for Jason to head to Landsfield comfortably after he had settled his business matters in Manes. Jason instantly agreed knowing it was an unavoidable situation for Peter.

"We shall meet in Landsfield Mr. Rahi..." Peter said to Jason as he nodded before Peter walked off with a smile pulling Ivy along. Ivy's eyes kept stuck on Jason as Jason smiled and nodded to her to listen to Peter. She pouted as he gave her an assuring smile before she finally gave in to Peter while still sniffing from her flu and a little cough as she walked with him to board the taxi waiting at the hospital entrance.

"Here I thought you wanted to avoid being involved with him and why are you hesitating to leave the town?" Peter nagged as Ivy sat closer to him and put her head on his shoulder with a pout.

"Did something happen that night?" Peter questioned as Ivy sat up straight and shook her head. Peter chuckled in disbelief as he shook his head. "Only ghost will believe you..." He said as Ivy smiled to herself.

"Ai Lee..." Peter sighed as he pulled his daughter into his embrace. "I only wanted to introduce you to the family and we are having a family dinner tonight..." Peter said as Ivy raised an eyebrow. "Family? I thought I already did..." Ivy thought her family was only her brothers and her dad but in fact, she has many more family members from her dad's extended family.

"Nope, there's also my sister and two brothers and their family..." Peter winked as Ivy smiled and nodded. "Besides, your body hasn't fully recovered yet. I'm sorry for making such a rash decision. He has his own agenda he needed to attend to before he comes over to Landsfield... You know, come to think of it, I am doing him a favor to remove a distraction..." Peter teased Ivy as Ivy snarled playfully at Peter with a pout.

Just as Peter predicted, Ivy's body was still recovering as he held on to her who slept all the way on the flight to Landsfield and in the car when Mr. Jin drove them to the family house. She was only awake when they reached the main door of their service apartment.

"Oh wow... Service apartment?" Ivy asked Peter as he nodded and held her hand as he led her into the lift heading straight to their unit. At the instant the lift door opened up, a retriever couldn't help but jump up on Peter as Ivy squealed with surprise. She nearly thought it was Lucky but realised she was Landsfield.

"Hey, sis! You're finally here!" Ryu greeted her as he jumped out from the couch while watching the news to hug her at the lift's entrance.

"And meet our little goldie... Daisy..." Peter introduced their family pet as Ivy beamed and hugged Daisy who was excited at meeting her. "She looks identical to Jason's goldie too, Lucky..." Ivy said absentmindedly as she played with Daisy while Peter and Ryu exchanged glances before Ryu broke into smiles.