Part 2: 4 21 (For you); Chapter 76: You will always be my destiny

Warning: This chapter contains content that may not be suitable for some readers

In Ivy's paracosm, she finally regained her consciousness and found Jason hugging her in his sleep. She felt a pain in her heart watching him asleep. She couldn't tell the reason for the sudden heartache she felt as she gently touched the once familiar face but yet one that she had no recollection of.

Jason stirred in his sleep as he opened his eyes to find Ivy's glimmering eyes staring back at him.

"Ivy! You're awake! Oh, thank goodness! Are you alright? Do feel unwell anyway?" He frantically checked her whole body. He helped her to stand. She stood watching him continue to fuss about her as unexplainable happiness blossomed in her heart.

He paused noticing she wasn't speaking as he gently caressed her cheeks. Jason was so glad she was alright and smiled right before she asked him the same question she asked before.

"Who are you?"

The question felt like swords piercing right through his heart as he closed his eyes enduring the pain he felt. It slipped his mind that every time he had to repeat their story to her as she wouldn't have a recollection of them at all the moment they stepped into the tower's lobby. This time he decided to tell her that he is her husband, Jason.

Ivy was very delighted as she hugged him tight as though she finally understood the pain she felt in her heart earlier and the joy she was enjoying but was it really so? Upon learning their purpose again being in the tower of reflection, they headed to the next room which was 10.

The moment they stepped into room 10, Jason noticed they were back once again in the Inklong tribe village. The piercing sound of a phoenix up in the air caught his attention.

As the Phoenix in the past knew the only way not to let the dragon commit further sins of killing the innocent was to sacrifice herself, she turned into her mythical phoenix self. Her orange-red ember glow resonated and lighted up the dark skies majestically.

Without hesitation, the Phoenix rushed towards the gold Dragon whose body had turned black. The Phoenix embraced the black Dragon with a gold head before she summoned the cursed seven swords and pierced the dragon's heart with them.

The Dragon wriggled in the Phoenix's grasp as he growled in agony and pain trying to release himself. However, he soon realised the Phoenix too was pierced with the seven swords as the Phoenix's mythical power blasted across the village and merged with the Dragon's energy into a maroon-red ember Phoenix figure. The newly reborn Phoenix's destiny to burn down the entire village and its' villagers as an act of revenge was inevitable before it went back to the cave to live in seclusion.

The reborn Phoenix then, wrote the love story on the wall before the Inklong ancestors pass down the punishment on the lovers as twins incarnations in their future life.

At the same time, the scene revealed a decree from the Inklong ancestors which wrote they were also atoning for the sins of their parents.

Jason was confused towards the end of the revelation but there was a more important matter at hand to handle at that time. Ivy was very upset and angry as she watched the exact incarnation of Phoenix being sacrificed. She was instantly hit with a complicated wave of emotion; Full of anguish to the extent that she could kill anyone.

More of her feelings were fading away as Jason struggle to control her when she was reaching for the swords. Fortunately, before she was able to strike an attack, they were transported out to the lobby.

This time, surprisingly, Ivy was calm because her memory was gone again but her feelings were getting even colder than before. She stood dumbfounded as she couldn't understand what was going on.