Chapter 86

As she said that, she gave a thumbs up, and continued: "Yesterday I went and saw Jingxing cooking. It looks like the craftsmanship is often done. If you look at this village, who's man comes back? Are you sitting and resting just lying on the bed waiting for you to prepare a meal and bring it to you?"

  "Take my man for example. He doesn't do anything. He says he is very tired. He can't hear me when I talk to him. He doesn't pay attention to me when I ask him to work. So I have had enough of this kind of person. , I will observe these little guys when I see them."

  "After my observation during this period, Jing Xing also listened carefully when we chatted. He also helped with things when he came home from the county, such as his horse pen and cattle pen, cutting weeds and feeding the rabbits. These."

  "Speaking of Jing Xing's goodness, give me time. I can talk about it for three days and three nights, but compared to me, you know Jing Xing better than me and are more familiar with him than me. This way, you can feel it more Out comes the good and the bad."

  Ji Amu nodded in agreement with what Matchmaker Qiao said, and then saw Matchmaker Qiao take out a piece of paper from her arms, "These are some good days that Jing Xing picked from the day teller in the county yesterday before he came back. Today, Let me show it to you so that the two parties can discuss it and decide on this happy wedding day."

  Ji Amu and Ji Hanzi nodded.

  Matchmaker Qiao joked, "The Min family has prepared everything else, all we need is a young husband!"

  Ji Fu pursed his lips and smiled sheepishly.

  Ji Amu took it, handed it to Ji Fu, and asked Matchmaker Qiao, "Did the Min family tell you when they would come in the future?"

  "The day after tomorrow, I picked a good day and a good time. Even today, Jing Xing went to ask my husband. But I have prepared a lot of things. I will probably come earlier." Matchmaker Qiao said.

  "I have one more thing to ask, how much do we want the Min family to pay as a gift?"

  It is said that there are "three ways" of matchmaking, and there is also a custom when it comes to this betrothal gift. After all, it is a matter of money. When matchmakers first emerged, everyone went to the matchmaker to propose marriage. The betrothal gift was always unavoidable, but it was never mentioned. A specific number, but a range.

  It's hard to ask the matchmaker how much to give specifically. The first is to prevent matchmakers. As the saying goes, "people's hearts are separated by the belly." No one knows the other party's true thoughts. The second is to give the other party consideration and dignity. I'll give you a rough range. I can only offer these. If you are still willing, accept the betrothal gift. You already know how much of the betrothal gift you have accepted. It is up to you whether you want to talk to others or not, because sometimes the amount of the betrothal gift is also a matter of face. Comparatively It cannot be avoided.

  Of course, there will also be men who feel that they have given too much and will tell them to show off.

  However, even those who talk about the betrothal gift to others will say it is less, to prevent thieves from thinking about it.

  This custom has been passed down. The matchmaker first asks both parties about their expectations for the betrothal gift. If the man can satisfy it, the matchmaker does not have to worry. If there is some gap between the two parties, the matchmaker must rely on it. Qiao. The tongue is used to communicate and adjust between the two parties.

  Ji Amu said: "Let me tell you the truth, we are thinking of a minimum of twenty taels."

  "My husband and I thought about it this way. Previously, the Min family went to the Du family to propose marriage. The Du family asked for 20 taels and the Min family gave it to them. You also know that there is a lot of nonsense in this village. If my brother received more gifts than this Twenty taels is still less, wouldn't it just let the villagers gossip? Although I know the Min family won't do it, I still have to make my attitude clear."