Chapter 6

Jing Xing: "I'm not dead. I'm fine now. It was all my fault in the past. Now I have to correct everything."

  Min's mother looked at her son and said that he wanted to correct himself for the first time in front of her. She was indescribably happy in her heart, "Just correct yourself and think it through. Look at the Du family's divorce today. Mixed up."

  Jing Xing said "hmm" and gave Min's mother a piece of meat.

  There was silence for a while, then Min's mother picked up the piece of meat and ate it, then asked as if she had no intention of doing so: "If you don't want to work for Wan Orion Hu, what kind of job do you want to find?"

  "I don't know. I'll go to the town tomorrow and have a look." Jing Xing was really hungry. He quickly finished the first bowl of rice and then another. He just finished the whole bowl of soup and rice.

  He originally thought of going to the county to find a job so that he would come back less often, but now that Min's mother had injured her leg, he planned to go to the town to look for it.

  Although Jing Xing didn't have any material requirements, the house was really small at the moment. Min's mother's bed was in the left corner, and his bed was right by the door and against the wall.

  The bed was covered with a thick layer of straw, and the quilt on it was patched again and again. Even when Jing was sleeping in his clothes, he felt that the sticky feeling of oil stains on his hands was still there. In ancient times, there were no soaps and detergents. He had just washed the dishes. Jingxing uses saponins, which can only remove oil stains.

  Jing Xing pulled the quilt on his body, and with a slight movement, the straw below made a sound. The temperature in the mountains became colder when it dropped. Jing Xing heard Min's mother coughing quietly, and in order to save money, he blew out the candle early.

  After Jing Xing's eyes had adapted to the darkness, he could vaguely see the furnishings in the room. He got up and took out the new quilt from the cupboard according to his memory, and covered Min's mother with the thin quilt.

  "What are you doing with the new quilt? I don't need it, take it back!" Min's mother couldn't bear to part with the only new quilt in the house, so she just took it out and used it, and refused.

  Jing Xing: "Don't move around and touch your injured leg. It's so cold at night. If you get cold, your family won't have that much money to spend on treatment."

  Min's mother: "..."

  Jing Xing lay back on his bed. The room was quiet for a while, and he could faintly hear the chirping of birds coming from the mountains.

  Min's mother called Jing Xing, and when she heard Jing Xing's response, she said, "If you can't let go of the Du family brother, mother will talk to Du Amu when the time comes. It all depends on people. Let's prepare more gift money here." ....."

  She was interrupted by Jing Xing as she spoke.

  Jing Xing felt that he still had to make this matter clear to Min's mother.

  He said: "Mom, I thought Brother Du was good-looking before, but I didn't really like him that much. Du Brother doesn't like me either. Besides, I think the Du family came to break off the engagement today, so they must have secretly taken a liking to it. For other families, since their engagements have been terminated, it's best not to mention this matter in the future."

  Min's mother heard the words and sighed for a long time. Just like in the village, all the young men of seventeen or eighteen fell in love with the younger brother or the younger girl. After going back and forth, they decided to get married at this age.