Chapter 5

But I don't know if there is something wrong with Jing Xing's aesthetics. He feels that the best guy in the village is not as good-looking as the guy opposite the oxcart today.

  "Duam, do you come to see me for anything?" Jing Xing looked at the attitudes of the two people and already had some suspicions in his mind.

  Duam looked into the room and said, "Is your mother at home? Let her come out and let's talk about the marriage between the two families."

  Jing Xing swept around the people watching the theater and said to Duam, "My mother was injured in a fall and can't get out of bed. How about we go in and talk?"

  Duam waved his hands quickly. Why did he come with such a big fanfare? He just wanted such an effect. "It's not important. Let's just stand here and talk. The thing is like this. Didn't your family come to us with ten taels of silver last time?" Is your family getting engaged? My old man and I have thought about it, but we still feel that this marriage is inappropriate. We don't want the 10 taels of silver as a bride price. This time we have also brought the 10 taels of silver for the engagement and will return it to you. Let's just let it go."

  He had thought about it before he came. The Min family is a little man and a bastard. He is not easy to deal with. He should not dare to hit anyone in public. Although their family is in trouble, everyone in the village knows who the Min family is. The family is willing to suffer the consequences of marrying off their brothers and girls, so the more trouble Min Luo makes, the more people will feel sorry for their family.

  Besides, what their family said before meant rejection. Who knew that they actually scraped together ten taels of silver to get married.

  Jing Xing: "Okay."

  Du'am thought that what Jing Xing said was no, and continued: "We are only Du Ni, and knowing that you are unwilling, there is really nothing we can do... What?!"

  He planned to make his side more miserable so that everyone could sympathize with his family. He didn't realize what Jing Xing said at all, but Duni pulled his clothes and heard his brother remind him in a low voice under uncertainty. Only when Jing Xing agreed to terminate the engagement did he ask in surprise.

  Jing Xing repeated: "Okay, I agree. From today on, I will not pester Du Geer again."

  This time it was Duam and Duny's turn to be stunned.

  They heard it right!

Chapter 4

  They didn't expect it to be lifted so easily. Before they came, they were prepared that Min Luo would not agree to Mrs. Min's troubles.

  Duamu finally came to his senses after being pushed by Duni. He took out ten taels of silver from his arms and gave it back to Jing Luo.

  "We have agreed that the money will be returned to you, and since there are so many people at the door to witness this, don't rely on my Du Geer in the future."

  Du'am pointed at the many people watching the excitement at the door. He said the previous words to Jing Xing. Later, he turned around and smiled at the crowd of onlookers and said: "Please bear witness to the marriage contract between our Du family and the Min family." Dismissed, when my Du Geer finds a good husband, we will hold a banquet in front of our house to entertain everyone."

  Onlookers: "You are very polite. We are all from the same village. We all know about the divorce today. If we are needed one day, it will not be a matter of a word."