Dont Think It's True

Alexa POV

Slowly, the nightmares have begun to fade and have changed to the happy dreams of me and my little family with Jake. In these dreams, it's our babies playing with my brothers and Elijah, all of us laughing and enjoying life.

Aunt Thea made the most delicious food and drinks so we could eat. She quit her job at the theaters because she said she wanted to go into culinary school, and that is what she did.

But of course, that was just a dream and nothing more. It's a dream I want to come true so we can all be happy. It's a dream that should come true so we can all be happy. Aunt Thea finally forgave my father for what he did to my mother and for assuming the things he did.

My father thanked her by buying her everything she and my mother could ever want. They both said no at first, but my father said that if they didn't take his offer, it would expire, and they could not ask for it in the future. They eventually gave in, and my father drove them everywhere, taking them shopping everywhere.

If anything, it was out of the States because they wanted to visit foreign countries, and that's what they did. They went all over Asia. First to Thailand, Malaysia, and Europe, and then to South Korea, Japan, and China.

When they finally came back, Mom and Aunt Thea had a lot of stuff. They had everything they were given and more from what they bought. It all seemed amazing, but it didn't intrigue me like it did them.

I felt more sad than normal and not like my usual self, so I decided I'd go to the doctor. I went, and they only had one explanation for me. They said that since I'll be giving birth in a few months, I will be feeling sad almost all the time.

They also told me it's because I will miss being pregnant. At first, I laughed at the thought, but when I went home to Jake and told him what they said, I thought more about it. Turns out the doctor was right.

I will miss the feeling of being pregnant, but Jake said not to worry because he plans on getting me pregnant again in three years to give this baby a sibling. At the sound of his words, I felt a bit better, but I couldn't help the feeling within me.

I don't think these feelings will ever go away, but I have to try and push them down. I have to in time for the gender reveal this coming January.

We decided that January would be our gender reveal party, but we won't post the name of the baby until he or she is born. The reason for this is that we haven't had the chance to take time and pick baby names.

Jake has been busy with the fashion company. Aria, Tristen, and I have been busy with the bakery. Aria says she has some good baby boy and girl names that she and Tristen came up with, but she said she just wanted to run them by Jake and me first before doing anything else.

I, of course, said that was fine, so tomorrow I am closing the bakery for the day so we can all stay home and relax and pick names. Some of my employees offered to operate the bakery in our absence, but I wasn't having it.

They have all been working hard lately, and they deserve a day off. I'm not like other bakeries or restaurants that force their workers to work even on their days off. To me, that's horrible, and I won't ever do it unless the employee agrees to it.
•••••••••••••••••

I take my mind off of those thoughts as I look up to see baby Elijah playing with my mother and kissing her stomach, telling her that he's going to have best friends soon.

It's a wonderful thing to watch, and I don't want to take my eyes off of them, especially my mother, because she's about to pop. She is now six months pregnant, and it's getting harder for her to move around with how heavy her stomach is getting with her being pregnant with the twins.

But as if destiny caught on to what I was thinking, I heard the house phone ring. I go to answer it, but my father beats me to it, and he just smiles at me. He then turns his attention to whoever is on the phone before hanging up and walking towards us with an angry expression.

"Hey Dad, what's wrong?" I ask him as my mother gets up and walks towards us with Elijah. 

"Nothing much, just that someone broke into the security company back in Georgia and stole a few guns. They are waiting for me to go and check it out and for me to tell them what to do." He says out of breath as my mother just looks worried.

"Do you know how long it will take to find everything out?" She asks.

"I don't, but I promise I will be back before you give birth to our babies. Alexa, please look after your mother. I should be back in a few days or next month, depending on how long this will take." My father says as he takes off while my mother and I just look at each other.

My mom understands how important this is so she doesn't complain. After all, my father is doing everything he can to protect us. I don't think twice as I pick up Elijah and take him inside.

It's time for lunch, and I know he's hungry. He is a chubby little one-year-old, but it's cute. I like that he's a bit chubby because it makes him cuter than he is.

I sit him down in his high chair, and I go to the kitchen and help my mom make some food. We just make some homemade Mac and cheese. As my mom put the noodles to boil, I shredded the cheese.

This is a meal Elijah hasn't tried yet, but we're pretty sure he will like it. We can't exactly give him the shredded cheese on top, but we can give him the melted cheese in the middle of everything.

In a few short minutes, the Mac and cheese is done, and as I get it out of the oven, my mother grabs some plates, silverware, and cups to set them on the table. She got Elijah's cup because Aunt Thea wants us to keep teaching him how to use one.

Aunt Thea is having a day with Uncle Ben and asked if we could watch Elijah, and we were happy to. I wasn't going to say no to spending time with my loving baby nephew.

After the food cools down, I take it to the table as my mother sits down and Elijah yells happily. I take a spatula and cut a big square for my mother and place it on her plate while she pours us some juice.

I then take a little scoop and put it on Elijah's plate so it can cool down for a bit while my mom cuts it up. While she's cutting it up and blowing it to cool down, I serve myself a big square as well.

Without a warning, Aria comes in with the Triplets, and Tristen follows behind her with some other food. I forgot we invited them to a little get-together lunch date. Tristen put the food on the table and then opened up a high chair with three seats.

Aria saw it on Craigslist and was the first to buy it in cash. She said it was the best thing she could have ever gotten instead of paying two hundred dollars for three at Walmart. This one was only fifty dollars, and it works like a charm.

I serve them some mac and cheese while my mother serves all of us some sausage and pulled pork that Aria and Tristen brought. This is going to be a good dinner, I think, as I serve the triplets some Mac and cheese.

For the rest of the evening, we all just talk and catch up on what's been happening the past few months.

It's a wonderful feeling to be talking with friends and family after these stressful months, and I wouldn't change it for the world.