Noah

Noah POV

The day I proposed to my girlfriend, I felt extremely bad for betraying my late wife, my best friend, my twin flame but later that night while I was alseep, I had a dream about her. I dreamt that my late wife was talking to me, and she was saying the most reassuring words known to man kind.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
In the dream
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

"Hello, is there anyone here?" I ask, but no, there's no response.

"Hello, is there anyone here?" I try again, and a bright light comes fourth, almost blinding me as I look away.

When I open my eyes, the light is gone, and standing before me is my late wife Althea.  She looks at me and smiles the warmest smile I have ever seen on her face. I reach out to touch her, but my hand goes right through her. I look up at her, and it looks as if she's been crying for a long time. My heart instantly swells at the sight of her crying, and I try to touch her again. Only this time, it worked, and I couldn't be happier as I am right now. I don't wait any longer as I pull her in for a hug. Thankfully, she hugs me back.

I pull away from her and see that she is smiling like never before, then it disappears when she starts to talk.

"I'm so sorry for leaving you alone with our son." She starts crying again, but I reassure her everything is okay.

"Oh honey, no, don't cry, you didn't leave us alone. If anything, you helped me throughout his life because I would always feel your presence." I tell her as I hug her again.

"Really, haha, it makes me so happy to watch over you guys, and don't worry about betraying me honey, I want you to be as happy as you can be, same with jake. " she says. I hug her again, but she starts to disappear.

"What's happening?" I question.

"I'm disappearing, I'm leaving, I have to go back." She tells me.

"Back to where?" I ask.

"To heaven." She says.

Those were the last words I heard her say before I woke up.

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎
Back to reality
▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

When I woke up, it was already morning. You could hear the birds chirping,  singing their songs. I take that as my cue to get up out of bed, shower, get dressed, and head downstairs to go get some breakfast. As I leave the room, I can smell the sweet aroma of my fiancée cooking. I walk up behind her and hug her like my life depended on it. She laughs as she turns around to look at me with a warm smile and a look full of love. I kiss her as she hands me a plate of food while grabbing one for herself. We head to the table, sit down, and start eating.

ㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡ

Alexa POV

Yesterday was the happiest day of my life. My crush had asked me out on a date for today later this evening. He didn't tell me what we were doing or where we were going, but he did say to dress somewhat fancy. Since I don't really have anything fancy to where, I went shopping with mom and Aunt Thea. They kept bugging me to spill the beans on why I needed to go shopping all of a sudden. They kept on asking and asking until I finally gave in when we got home from the stores.

"Can we please know what the occasion is, please." Mom said practically begging me.

"I'm with your mom. Can we please, please, please know." Aunt Thea said afterward.

"Okay, fine, I'll tell you, cry babies." I mumble.

"Yaay."
"Yaay." They say simultaneously.

"Haha, well, if you must know, I'm going on a date." I tell them.