Leaving

Jakes POV

As the movie ends, I try and ask the girl if she is okay with those scenes in the movie, but as I go to ask her, she's already gone. I run out of the theater, trying to keep up with her, but it's too late as she gets in the car with whom I assume is her mother, and it drives away.

Five minutes later, my dad catches up to me and asks why I ran out of the theater so fast so I just say "oh it's nothing dad, just saw a girl from school, I was gonna ask her to be friends." Which my dad replies with."Oh, okay, I thought something happened."

"No, not at all, dad." I say as we make our way to the car, get in, and drive off.

●●●●●

Alexa POV

As I watch the movie, I can't help but feel a pair of eyes on me. As I turn to look, there's a boy about my age staring at me. As I turn to look away, he does, too, and we both continue to watch the movie.
I look to my right, and as expected, my mom is asleep. I don't blame her, though. She had a long shift here at the theaters, making all the food and giving out tickets, so of course she's tired.
...
As the movie starts to end, I wake up my mom and tell her to get ready so we can leave. She does, I as say, and I follow along. As soon as we were done getting ready to go, the movie ended. We stand up, and before we head out, I glance back at the boy from earlier waking up his dad.

As my mom moves, I do, too. Soon enough, we reach the front doors of the theater and go out to the car. As I get in and look through the window, I see that boy again outside, out of breath as if he had run. He's looking at the car, and I can't help but wonder why as his dad comes out.

I think it's weird because I have never seen this boy but I think he goes to my school. Well, if he does, then maybe we'll run into each other, maybe we won't. Maybe it just depends on the day since today I stayed home from school because I wanted to help my mom out with chores.

Dont worry, I don't do it very often, just once in a while. When I do, do this, my mom makes sure to call the school to ask and let them know. So we are always prepared beforehand.