James

James POV

I lay awake wondering what had happened last night, then I looked to my right side, and I spotted a naked Helena and all the memories of last night come rushing back. After they came back, I immediately got in the mood, and again, I woke her up with a hot, steamy morning.

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎
Time lapse, 2 hrs
▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

After two more hours in the bedroom, I kick her out of my house so I can shower and get ready for the day. As I'm showering. Memories of Alexa's and Jake's closeness come flooding back into my mind, and it makes me so angry that I punch my bathroom wall repeatedly. I stopped as I started to see blood coming from my hand, and I looked at my tile wall only to find it broken.

I get out of the shower, get dressed, spray some cologne on myself, head downstairs, grab my keys, head out and drive off as I remember Jake and I have another meeting again at the sunset bakery.

As I pull up, everyone is already inside waiting for me.  I mentally cuss myself out for being late because of the business I was taking care of with Helena. I bring myself out of my thoughts as I walk in, only to stop dead in my tracks as Alexa and Jake are very close, looking at each other lovingly. I press my anger and jealousy down as I approach the rest of the men while the same girl from last time takes us to the board room.

I walk behind all the other men just so I can hear what Jake is asking Alexa, and when those words leave his mouth, I'm even more angrier than before.

"Hey alexa, I wanted to know if you would like to go on a date with me." He asks her.

"Oh um, I-" he cuts her off.

"It's okay if you don't want to, I was just asking because I really like you." She looks stunned by his confession, but she replies anyway, much to my demise.

"Oh, I was gonna say I would love to, I like you as well, but I wasn't sure if you felt the same way." She says.

Before I can hear anymore, I walk to the board room so my anger doesn't get the best of me, and I start throwing stuff messing up Alexa's bakery. Don't get me wrong, I would bever hurt Alexa, but Jake, on the other hand, is a different story.

Jake walks in and I can't help but to stare daggers at him while he just smirks at me the same way he did the other day, like if he won the lottery, and now in this case, he did. I don't know why or how he won over her heart, but it irritated me. I have been trying for years to get her to go out with me, but no luck there, as she always said, she just saw me as a brother.

Every time I heard those words, it made me really angry to the point that I would break shit. Now, all that came into my head was a devious plan, one that I loved very much. I just had to wait for the perfect moment to make it happen.

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

Jake POV

As I walk into the board room, I see James stare daggers at me, and I just smile. I don't need to know the reason behind them because I already know that he likes Alexa. He has told me one too many times and those one too many times, he has mentioned how every time, she just saw him as a brother.
He would always be mad at that, and I would have no clue how to help him out even though back at the time I had a girlfriend named Lexi. She was the first to break up with me, claiming she was seeing another man. I didn't care because I knew she was all along, I was just playing along, acting as if I didn't know anything.

So when he came crying to me, I told him I dont know how to help, and ever since then, our friendship has been a little rocky but not as bad as this. When I asked out Alexa, I knew he was listening in on our private conversation, but that didn't matter because she said she liked me back.

When I heard those words leave her mouth, I was over joyed, my heart was beating so fast you could almost hear it. Truth be told, I think alexa did hear it because she started laughing, and oh my god, it was her laugh sexy as hell. It immediately got me in the mood, but I didn't want her to know that because then it would be embarrassing.
As if reading my thoughts, she looked down and blushed. god, I loved it when she blushed. It was the cutest thing I have ever seen in my life, besides babies.

I push past my thoughts and bring myself back to the meeting and see that it's almost over. Honestly, I'm glad it's almost over because I have to be back at the office to meet with my dad and talk about some fashion designs for the upcoming contest.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
Time lapse, 2 hrs later
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

I get back to the office and go up in the elevator until I reach the top floor. I get out and head straight for my office. As soon as I enter it, I see my dad sitting at my desk waiting for me. He's quick to notice me and comes to hug me.

"Hey dad, sorry I'm late, I just came back from a meeting and asked a girl out." I say as I head to my desk.

"Oh okay well I just came to talk to you ab- wait, did you just say you asked a girl out, oh my god son, I'm so happy for you, what is her name?. He asks.

"Her name is Alexandrea." I tell him.

"Oh wow, what a beautiful name." He says.

"I know right, well she's even more beautiful." I say.

"Well, son, as much as I would love to discuss you and this amazing girl, I've come here to tell you some amazing news." He says, and I can't help but to wonder what news he has. He doesn't get to say anything because a minute later, Hera bursts into the office and says it loud and proud for everyone to hear.

My dad quickly shushes her up as I just sit there laughing as he shoots me a glare, and I just raise my hands up in surrender while still laughing.
As soon as we are done, it finally clicks, my dad is getting married, and I couldn't be happier for him. We may not have had the chance to discuss anything about the fashion show, but I'm pretty sure I can get it done all by myself. Either way, I'm still happy for my father.