Explaining

Alexa POV

When they come back, I apologize to Tracie as I write her a check of about five thousand dollars. She says thank you and is ready to tell the back story of what really went down.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
Backstory
♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Tracie POV

I get a call from my twin sister Helena, but I ignore it and hang up. It rings again, and usually, by the second time she calls, I know i have to pick up, or she's just going to keep calling and calling.

"Oh jeez, finaly you picked up. Listen, do you think you can help me out a bit. Please." She talks so fast that I can barely understand her.

"Wait, what are you talking about." I question, but she doesn't answer as she hangs up. I thought that was weird until I heard bangs at my door.

I go to open it only to be greeted by the police.

"Hello officers, what can I do for you?" I ask, looking at what seems to be the chief.

"Miss Helena, hernandez, you are under arrest for vandalism. You are sentenced to two years. Anything you do or say can and will be used against you in the court of law." The officer spins me around and handcuffs me.

"Helena, but I'm not her. My name is Tracie. You got the wrong twin." I all but yell.

They seem to ignore me as I just get mad and look at my husband, giving him an 'I don't what the heck is going on' look' as he takes the kids to their rooms and comes back.

"Excuse me, officers, you've got the wrong person. This is Tracie gomez, my wife. Not Helena hernandez, her twin sister." My husband exclaims.

"No, I'm pretty sure this is her. Her mother informed us of her location and that she had no twin sister. Now, sir, I need you to stand back, or you will be arrested as well." One of the officers says.

My husband does as he's told and goes back into the house with our kids and gives me a look I don't know of but I know he will do a great job of taking care of our babies.

I mentally sigh as I get in the back of the cop car and curse my mother and sister out in my head. The day I left is the day they said they would leave me alone, and they have kept their word up until now. Why are they doing this to me? It is all I can think of on the way to prison or jail.

○○○○○○○○○○○○○○
End of backstory
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○

Alexa POV continues

Tracie finishes her story as I look at her with a sorry expression, and so does the chief.

"Well, Tracie, I am sorry about the other chief, but she is out of the field. She has been fired. Now that we have the test results, we need to find your twin sister. Do you know her address." The chief asks.

"Yes, I'll lead you to it as you take me home. I can't wait to get home to my husband and my kids." Tracie says happily as we all leave the little office.

Tracie gets in one cop car with some officers and the chief, and they take off. My grandmother and I get in my car and drive off to the house her and the boys are staying at so I can drop her off and then head home to Jake.

This has been a stressful day, and I can't wait to spend the rest of it with Jake. We can talk about future baby names for boys and girls. It will be so much fun, and I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with him.