Chapter 149: GODS AGAINST THE FATE OF HUMANITY!

"HAAHHHH!!!" Chrom screamed and together the heroes summoned the legendary hero blade. It was a huge blade as Liberation looked up at the blade in complete shock. The heroes grabbed it and then they looked down at Liberation. "THIS IS IT EVERYONE! TOGETHER!"

"AS ONE!!" The heroes all shouted. Then together they began to slam the blade around. Liberation dodged the attacks around and nearly was struck with the blade itself. He looked up in disbelief as the heroes prepared to hit him in return. Chrom tried slamming the blade against Liberation but he barely managed to get out of the way. He looked at his chest in distress, how could this even be possible for the heroes to do this?!

Liberation shouted, "YOU WILL NEVER BE ABOVE ME! YOU HEROES ARE NOTHING COMPARED TO ME!!!" He felt himself getting sick but at the same time, he needed to fight back against the heroes. They kept swinging around the sword as Liberation kept dodging it. Then he shot out a beam as the heroes broke apart from the sword. They fell to the ground but the sword was still intact. Liberation wanted to grab it but he knew the heroes were the only ones that could wield it.

"YOU WANT TO CONTINUE LIBERATION?! ALL OF US HAVE STRENGTH DWELLING INSIDE OF US!" Byleth shouted. Liberation scoffed as he summoned a giant blade of his own. He then swung it at the heroes but they easily dodged the attack. Sonic and Kirby got behind Liberation and together did a tag-team attack against him. Liberation fell to the ground and looked back at the heroes. Just then, Link and Chrom dashed in and swung their swords. Causing Liberation to be sent back.

He felt the ground on his face but he still had plenty of fight within him. He got into the air and then tried transforming into the light dragon. But something was wrong... he couldn't figure out how to transform. He looked back at Chrom who was filled with the energy of the Dragon Flame. Liberation stared at him as he then transformed the blade into an axe. He tried swinging it against Chrom in an attempt to squish or cut him right open. Chrom was able to dodge the attacks without any problems.

Liberation demanded, "YOU HEROES WILL ALWAYS THINK YOU'RE IN THE RIGHT BUT YOU ALL KNOW THAT YOU'RE NOT CAPABLE OF DEFEATING ME!!" He grabbed his head in agony as he looked at the heroes. Each of them were filled with energy that he wanted to drain. But due to their strength he was unable to do that. He felt powerless for once in his life... the words of encouragement were too much for him to handle.

"LET'S GO EVERYONE!" Byleth ordered. They grabbed the giant blade and started trying to swing it against Liberation. He jumped backward and then got behind the tree. The tree was still dead but it seemed to have some life within.

"THIS STUPID TREE! YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE DEAD NOT ALIVE!!" Liberations screamed. He stabbed his lance into the tree and got into the air. The heroes attempted to strike him with the sword but he dodged it. Then he charged a huge beam and shot it at the heroes. However, Menosita jumped in and blocked the attack for the heroes. Most of them were stunned but were grateful for the assistance.

Menosita shouted, "AFTER EVERYTHING YOU'VE DONE WHY WOULD ANY OF THE PEOPLE LISTEN TO YOU!!" Then he deflected the attack back at Liberation. He dodged the attack as the heroes then broke the blade into equal parts. Each of them received a variation of the legendary hero blade. Some were daggers, some were swords, some were lances, and of course some were axes. However, there were also tomes and bows. Each of the heroes had a respective weapon and prepared to use it against Liberation.

"NOOOOOOOO!!!" Liberation shouted as he released all the energy hiding with him. Then he used that to transform into the light dragon. He dashed toward the heroes and attempted to shoot beams at them. They dodged the attacks with ease as Chrom struck the back of Liberation. He flew away and created phantoms for the heroes to fight.

Chrom muttered, "Phantoms... how are we doing to deal with these..." He looked at each of the heroes who were prepared to fight the phantoms. "Heh, as if we're going to need a plan. As long as we're connected, who's going to stop us NOW!!" Then they started attacking the phantoms. Celica and Marianne attempted to attack Liberation but he dodged the attacks by going underneath them.