Chapter 118: Against All Odds And Gods

"WE ARE ALL HEROES! WE ALL STAND AGAINST THE ODDS THAT THE GODS HAVE GIVEN US! WE NO LONGER STAND BY THEIR SIDE NO MATTER HOW MORAL AND VIRTUOUS THEIR GOALS ARE!" Byleth shouted. He raised his sword into the air as the heroes all stomped their feet in return. "I DO NOT WANT TO SEE ANYONE FLATER HERE AND NOW!"

Shez shouted, "YOU WILL GUIDE US TO VICTORY?!"

"YES I WILL!"

Sonic questioned, "WILL YOU SHOW THE ENTIRE PLANET OF DAWN THAT WE WILL PROVIDE THEM A FUTURE THEY DESERVE?!"

"I swear upon my sword, my life and on the people that I will do whatever it takes to show that our planet will be saved from the tyranny and the destruction of the WORLD!!" Byleth shouted. He raised his sword higher up into the air as the heroes all cheered for him. He felt proud of himself for once. They weren't even sure if this was going to guide them fully to victory. But he knew the people needed to be saved.

Erica wasn't going to care for them, she wanted to use everyone on Dawn as a pawn for her scheming. Dawn never cared for the people, she was too focused on making a perfect image of herself. Liberation didn't care for his people and he was now going out of his way to destroy the lives of Dawn and Shimmer Star. Which he all killed off Shimmer Star. As for Midnight? He never had a chance to guide the people, so who knew what he would do; but deep down inside he wasn't going to protect the people. Michael never had a chance either, but much like Midnight they knew he wasn't going to do anything.

Byleth demanded, "WE ARE NOT QUITTERS! WE ARE NOT SERVANTS TO THE WORD OF LADY ERICA! WE ARE FORMED AND UNITED UNDER ONE BANNER AND THAT IS THE SAKE OF HUMANITY AND LIVING BEINGS! WE'RE ALL FROM DIFFERENT BACKGROUNDS BUT THAT DOES NOT END UP MAKING DIVIDED BY THE GODS! THEY WILL NOT DESTROY US! THEY WILL NOT BRING US DOWN!!!" Byleth then casted a spell on the ground.

The heroes watched anxiously as then a brand new banner came out from the ground. It was a banner with an ocean blue background, accompanied by a sun which represented the living beings in Dawn that were united together. Byleth looked at the banner and then picked it up from the ground.

Byleth rephrased, "From the day we were formed as a Team I knew that our team was only going to grow. From the very first members! Sonic, Kirby, Mario! They were there to serve as the heroes to lead us! They were all from different backgrounds but that didn't change them! Chrom, Link! They were from different backgrounds as well but now they were working with a ruler of a piece of land! BUT THAT DIDN'T STOP US!

Afterward, I joined the team... I was a mercenary and a professor but I led the mechanics alongside Albedo. But even with my differences we were STILL UNITED! Afterward we had Tails! Who was there as an assistant to Sonic, Kirby and Mario but being introduced to the team brought him light to the world! Elfilin being our first assistant means we were guided by someone who had no biases and understood our missions! When the world corrupted, we gained the assistance of Hajime, Albedo, Eula, Kazuha, Furina, and Agent 4!

We kept our heads high to fight through the everlasting destruction that was being forced upon us! But when the biggest obstacle came to us... Shez, Marianne, Acadia, you both came to us and SERVED YOUR PURPOSE TO LEAD TO VICTORY! WITH A MIRACLE PERFORMED BY CHROM THAT STILL DIDN'T DIVIDE US!" The heroes were walking down the street as Byleth kept the banner swinging high. He felt dominant and proud of himself as the heroes kept walking by his side. "WHEN I WAS CORRUPTED BY THAT CROWN THAT DIDN'T STOP ALCRYST, GOOEY AND CELICA FROM HELPING US! They stood with the heroes to help set me free but at what cost?

When we were struck by the mirrors we lost Kazuha through that painful fighting. But we weren't divided, we weren't stopped there. We just kept on fighting and pushing forward. But we couldn't have done it with Alfred, Claude, and Prince Fluff... they joined our ranks to assert the issue and so we can still continue to step tall together. And I would be more than happy to announce that with the assistance of Shuichi and Kaede... we wouldn't ever make it here..." Byleth stopped himself as he cleared his tears from his eyes.

Acadia took the banner and shouted, "WE ARE HEROES! WE WERE NEVER DIVIDED BY WHAT MADE US DIFFERENT! THE GODS WISH TO DIVIDE US! DO YOU HEAR ME?! THE GODS WANT TO DIVIDE US!"

"We cannot allow the gods to divide us, after what THEY HAVE DONE TO US!" Byleth replied. The heroes all nodded firmly as Chrom walked over and took the banner from Acadia's hands. He stood in the middle, looking toward everyone who was more than willing to listen to his words.

Chrom announced, "Much like what Byleth and Acadia have said. The gods will not divide us anymore longer. None of them wished to protect me, you, or ANY OF US! We need to stand tall against them and I will not tolerate any more discipline by the gods. They are destroying our lives and we have the power to make that difference. LOOK BACK AT THE WAR PEOPLE! SIXTEEN YEARS AGO ALL OF US WERE DESTROYED

IF WE DIDN'T HAVE THAT MIRACLE, ERICA WOULDN'T HAVE GIVEN A DAMN IF HER PLANET FELL TO RUIN TO ZETHUS! NOW OUR WORLD IS FALLING APART AGAIN AND ERICA IS ONE OF THE CAUSES! LIBERATION TOOK ADVANTAGE OF US BUT I AM NOT HAVING ANY OF IT! I WANT TO SEE YOU HEROES LOUD! PROUD OF YOURSELVES FOR MAKING THIS FAR! IN THE NAME OF MARIO, KAZUHA, HAJIME, AND ALBEDO WE WILL STRIKE DOWN THE GODS FOR GOOD!"

"HELL YEAH WE WILL! THE GODS WILL NOT TAKE US ALIVE! ARE WE DONE BEING TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF THEM?!"

"YES SIR!"

"ARE WE TIRED OF THE GODS NOT COMING TO AID US WHEN THE PLANET IS FALLING TO PIECES BEING SHATTERED BY AN OBSTACLE THAT EASILY BE DESTROYED BY ALL MIGHTY BEINGS?!" Byleth shouted. The heroes all chanted in unison as Byleth looked up toward the purple sky. He took a deep breath as he looked toward the heroes. "As the leader of this team... none of us will hold back anymore longer, correct?"

"Yes sir, we are all united underneath the banner of heroes," The heroes all replied. Byleth smiled at each of them before raising his flag into the air.

"I WILL NOT LET THE GODS TAKE US DOWN!!"

"WE WILL NOT LET THE GODS TAKE US DOWN!!!"

"LIBERATION WILL BE DESTROYED AND JUSTICE SHALL BE MADE TO THE WORLD OF DAWN!! AT LONG LAST WE WILL DESTROY THE TYRANNY OF GODS AND FINALLY BE UNITED UNDERNEATH THE NAME OF PEACE!!!"

"FOR PEACE! FOR GLORY!! FOR THE FUTURE OF THE PEOPLE IN DAWN!!"