Chapter 103: Dance With The Tidal Flames

"WE HAVE TO FOCUS ON THIS?!" Alfred asked. Byleth stood there staring at the waters as the winds grew stronger and stronger.

Celica yelled, "You heard Lord Liberation! He wants us to be distracted so why don't we let the events happen!?"

"Don't you people realize that this can still potentially hurt us!?" Chrom asked. The heroes all stood there staring at each other as they all looked at Byleth. "Either way... it is your decision to order us what to do." Byleth nodded as he looked over toward where the tidal waves were.

Byleth ordered, "TRANSFORM US DRAGON FLAME!" Then the heroes all transformed into their legend forms. All of them had transformed with features of the design of the Dragon Flame. "We need to find a way to put the tidal waves to rest or else we're going to have another lost kingdom situation..."

"Another lost... kingdom situation?" Kirby asked. Byleth nodded as he quickly created a raft using his staff. The heroes all got on as Sonic kicked the water to have it go at a face pace. The heroes circled around the tidal waves and the vortex. It was like surfboarding but far more intense.

Byleth grunted, "COME ON!!" The heroes tried putting their power into stopping the waves but the waves were far more powerful than they were. "Shoot... we don't have enough strength!"

"Claude this is your chance to shine, you are the one responsible for the Dragon Flame right now... you need to use it to your advantage!" Chrom ordered. Claude looked at him as he nodded slowly as he walked to the edge of the raft as he took a deep breath. "YOU CAN DO THIS!"

"Okay... here we... GO!!!" Claude shifted into flames as he ran across the water. The heroes watched him as Claude jumped into the air and cut the vortex in half by burning up some of the water.

Albedo muttered, "I question the Dragon Flame's ability because it is able to do so much without too much effort being put into it. Not only that but it can somewhat... burn water..." The heroes got themselves closer toward the water and they all watched in horror as the vortex continued to get worse.

"Everyone! Remember when we were granted abilities to manipulate water?! Why can't we do that now!?" Byleth shouted. The heroes all stood there staring at one another as they took out their necklaces containing the water abilities within them. "Focus everyone, CLAUDE CONTINUE USING THE DRAGON FLAME TO YOUR ADVANTAGE!" Claude nodded as he dashed across the water again. The heroes all then put their necklaces together to allow themselves to control water in a big group.

Byleth pushed the raft closer toward the water as all the heroes got ready. Claude cut through the water again but the attempt wasn't very successful. He landed back on the raft and was losing energy. Chrom walked over to him and passed some of the Dragon Flame to him. Chrom jumped off the raft and dashed to the vortex. Then he jumped inside the vortex.

"W-What is he doing!?" Eula asked. Then Chrom was able to separate the vortex slightly. Chrom continued to struggle as the heroes all watched in shock. "Byleth?!"

"We need to get as close as possible!" Then Byleth used the water manipulation so the water could push higher. Then the heroes were close to the vortex but the wind became extreme.

Celica yelled, "OUR LIVES ARE AT STAKE HERE! WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO?!" Byleth then put his hands in the vortex. It began to calm down as all the heroes watched him. Then together they stuck their hands into the vortex as well. Trying their best to calm down the waves as fast as possible.

Chrom grunted, "HURRY!!! I CAN'T HOLD THIS FOREVER!!" He continued pushing when Claude was able to gather enough strength to join Chrom. Together they had an easier time separating the vortexes as they were moving the water from the vortex itself. More and more success was coming through but even they weren't sure if this was going to be enough.

Acadia grunted, "COME ONN!!!" Byleth then zapped the water with his staff. It electrocuted everyone slightly but the vortex paused itself briefly. More water was able to escape the vortex and it was falling short from reaching the top. The heroes continued their best when the vortex began starting up again.

"WITHOUT THE OTHERS! WHAT DO YOU THINK IS HAPPENING IF WE'RE FOCUSING ON THIS!?" Alfred asked. The heroes all looked at one another as they realized nobody had a strong enough answer to Alfred's question. Nobody knew if Liberation was on a path to doing something much worse.

"WHATEVER IT IS WE NEED TO TRY TO STOP THIS STUPID THING!!" Claude shouted. The heroes kept on trying but soon they all lost energy. Claude and Chrom jumped back onto the raft as the vortex was far too strong for them to overcome. They all watched in horror as the vortex hit the top of the clouds and then it sent out a huge blast.

Byleth grunted, "We're done for there's no use in stopping it. You were right Alfred... we just wasted our time..." Byleth used his staff to shove the raft away from the location but he was still fearful of what the vortex was really going to do. But just as they were in the clear, the tidal waves started to grow.

Lumine shouted, "BYLETH!!" The heroes all looked over and saw the tidal waves coming at them at a slow yet rapid pace. "GO FASTER!!!"

"I'M TRYING!!" Byleth shouted. Sonic moved over to the edge of the raft and kicked it so it could move away faster but the tidal wave was huge. It covered the light as each of the heroes all looked over in fear. "No... NOOOOO!!!"

"EVERYONE RELY ON EACH OTHER AND WHATEVER YOU DO DON'T LET GO-" Just as Celica tried to warn everyone. The tidal wave splashed upon everyone...