Chapter 111: Spikes, Thorns With Midnight Storms

Othos immediately tried shooting out a spell as the heroes dodged it. Chrom charged himself up with energy of the Dragon Flame and dashed over toward Othos. He jumped into the air and slammed his fist onto him. Othos slammed onto the ground as Byleth dashed beside him and slammed his sword on Othos. The heroes gathered themselves together as Alear jumped at him and tried swinging his sword.

Othos on the other hand, dodged the swing and dodged the laser that Tails shot out. He looked at everyone as they got prepared to beat him up even further. "You heroes are nonsensical. None of you will compete..." Othos chuckled a bit before spotting Acadia dashing right at him. He tried dodging the attack but Eula kicked him right down.

"You think you're smart, don't you?" Eula mocked. The heroes all looked at one another as Byleth spun around and swung his sword directly at Othos. He tried dodging the attack but the sword got to him first. He slammed onto the ground as Chrom then charged his energy up.

Othos groaned, "You... still have the Dragon FLAME!!" Chrom stared at him and then slammed his foot against him. Othos fell backward and felt the burn mark on his cheek. He suddenly realized something was wrong, he was beginning to feel pain. "No... NO THIS CAN'T BE!"

"You are fully aware of me being the god of undying, those heroes are not going to find a way to get rid of me!" He chuckled to himself as Liberation slowly shook his head.

Liberation sighed, "You have too much confidence within yourself. The heroes should still have the Dragon Flame and you must be wise. That Dragon Flame has the ability to kill all of us. Including you..."

"THAT BASTARD WAS RIGHT?! AGH I CAN'T STAND YOU HEROES ALWAYS STANDING IN MY WAYYY!!!" Othos shouted. He jumped into the air before swinging directly onto the ground. He left a huge dent on the ground and in the process he lifted all the heroes from the ground into the air. They looked at one another as Othos attempted to blast him. However, Chrom kicked the beam directly at him. Causing him to fall directly back onto the ground.

Sonic asked, "You want to continue to do the ridiculous things that you have been doing?!" Othos looked at Sonic with disgust as he put his hands together. Energy began to flow through his body as he attempted to blast the heroes again. They dodged the attack as his blast went directly through the forest. He looked down at himself in disbelief as the heroes all got themselves ready to attack.

"AGHHHHHHH!!!!" Othos shouted. He transformed directly into a dragon and flew into the air. The heroes all looked at him in shock as Othos charged up a beam from his mouth. Still they had to be ready for anything that was going to come their way. He shot the beam out at the heroes as they all dodged it again.

Shez asked, "Who even knew that he could transform into a dragon?" The heroes all nodded as Albedo looked down at himself. Suddenly he came up with a bright idea. He ordered the heroes to stay in place as he took a deep breath. But Byleth wasn't going to have any of that, he grabbed his hand and the two stared at one another.

"Albedo what are you doing?!"

"I'm doing something that none of you are willing to risk yourselves for, I know it feels... insane for me to go out and do this but this will be the only way..." Albedo grunted. Byleth looked at him before letting go of his hand. "All you should know is this, that you heroes were one of the best people I ever had a chance of working with."

"SHIT! ALBEDO!" Chrom shouted as he dashed at him. But Byleth stopped him by grabbing his arms. Chrom looked at both sides in utter shock and disbelief. On the contrary, Albedo was getting himself prepared. "ALBEDO!!!"

Albedo yelled, "I HAVE TO DO IT!!" Byleth looked at Chrom as he fell onto the ground. Othos was still preparing the beam. Claude then dashed and shot an arrow directly at him. The beam was prevented and then soon he slammed onto the ground. Albedo dashed at him and then slammed his sword against Othos' body.

Lumine shouted, "COME ON ALBEDO!!"

"You're... going to all let him sacrifice himself?!"

Byleth replied, "If that is what he wishes to do, so be it... as much as it'll..." Then Byleth's fear started catching up to him. He dashed after Albedo to try to stop him but it was no use, he was already too far into his plans. "NO! ALBEDO YOU NEED TO STOP THIS!"

"You and I both agreed to let me do this, I know how much it will hurt but... know I did everything I did to care for you all," Albedo said with a small smile. Byleth dropped his sword as Othos and Albedo reached a cliffside together. Othos was trying to use his dragon strength to stop Albedo but he wasn't going to let him.

Byleth yelled, "YOU CAN JUST SHOVE HIM OFF!!!" Albedo didn't respond, he looked at Othos and then took a deep breath. Stabbing his sword into Othos and then shoving them both off the cliffside. Albedo kept a tight stab in Othos as he then began to pull on his dragon body. Then they fell directly toward the ground. Byleth dashed over to the cliffside and watched in horror.

"NOOOOOO!!!!!" Chrom shouted. He grabbed his head in agony as the rest of the heroes felt the fear sinking into their bodies now. Othos was... dead but... at what cost?