Chapter 120: Like A Dash of Flame

"HAHH!!!" Byleth shouted. He grabbed onto Alear and some of the other heroes grabbed onto the ones that couldn't transform. Then they bolted away from the scene. Going at a rapid pace but even the void started following them. They kept on running as Chrom tried throwing flame up toward the void to help it eat up more. They kept on running as they examined the surrounding area. But there was no sign of the World Tree being anywhere in sight.

Chrom shouted, "STAY BACK!!" Then he launched a huge fireball up into the void. It ate it and then it stopped following the heroes. They stopped to check to see what was going to happen. But that was the moment where the void spat out a bunch of corrupted items. Including Chrom's fireballs, they rushed at the heroes and they were able to dodge it but then the void disappeared.

Link asked, "Do you think... that was a bad idea?"

"It stopped the void so I don't think it was, regardless..." Byleth kept searching around and then he spotted more corrupted land, but the flowers were dying as well. He looked back toward the solar eclipse, it was just causing the plane to freak out more. "We need to stop Liberation."

"Come up with something that hasn't been said already," Acadia groaned. Byleth looked toward and then down at himself, he tried thinking about what was going to be the best to deal with the situation at hand. But nothing came to his mind, and that is what caused him to struggle so much. Then suddenly he was reminded that the Legend forms had a unique ability.

Byleth said, "Wait, all of us that have a Legend stone, let's put them together and see if anything will happen..."

"That's ridiculous!" Acadia yelled. Byleth glared at her before she put her stone in the middle, but nothing seemed to occur. The heroes watched each other anxiously until Byleth was reminded that Albedo's stone was missing. He had it with him but he wasn't sure it was going to work. He put it in the middle but soon noticed the patterns were connected and the heroes needed to be in that order.

Byleth ordered, "Together! Everyone! We need to be in the order our patterns represent! Form a line and connect!" The heroes nodded as they got themselves to mix around together. Then they were put in line. Byleth handed Albedo's legend stone to Shuichi so they would be in order. Then they slowly formed a circle with the patterns. When the two ends connected it sent out a light into the air.

"Woah..." Tails gasped. The heroes looked up to it and it was none other than the location of the World Tree. Byleth kept note of where it was. Then they heard more rumbling, Byleth kept looking around to see where it was coming from but the world was beginning to split apart. The rocks were rising, or maybe they were falling.

Chrom grunted, "This reminds me of an event that occurred a long time ago... RUN! RUN!!" The heroes all dashed away from the scene as quickly as they could but the lava was starting to chase after them. Byleth had to direct them to the World Tree and fast. There was no telling how much the world was going to be destroyed before someone made a difference. They managed to avoid the lava but that wasn't going to be the end of their worries.

Kaede asked, "Are all of you okay?! I really hope so, I don't want anything troubling to occur to any of you..." The heroes all nodded as Byleth showed the location of the World Tree on his communicator. It was hidden within the Garden of the protected one. Which was a sacred garden that not many managed to find a way to enter.

"The Garden of The Protected One, that is where the World Tree is. Liberation most likely knows of its location but we need to get there before this situation gets worse and worse," Byleth sighed. But then he began to cough and so did the heroes. "SHIT!! He's beginning to affect all of us! We need to stand strong everyone!" The heroes looked at him before looking at each other.

Acadia grunted, "Right... he's right. After all he's the one who's responsible for telling us that we weren't allowed to back down due to the things Liberation was doing to our planet..." The heroes nodded in agreement as Byleth gently smiled at Acadia. She rolled her eyes but she gave a small smile to Byleth directly afterward.

Eula asked, "So what are we going to do?"

"We shouldn't wait around to see if Liberation is going to find us or not, he's going to try to slow us down so let's get to the Garden of The Protected One now!" Shez yelled. The heroes nodded in agreement.

Byleth announced, "Right! I don't know where any of the other heroes are located but I pray that they are safe and sound. Now for all of us! LET ME SEE YOU CHANT AND SHOUT THAT WE WILL NOT BE DESTROYED!!" The heroes all cheered as they raised their weapons. They all transformed back as Byleth kept check of Albedo's legend stone.

Agent 4 asked, "What are you going to do with his legend stone?" Byleth looked at her and then back at the stone. Before turning directly toward Shuichi.

"Hold it, maybe Albedo's soul will bless you and take control of it," Byleth sighed as he gave the stone to Shuichi. He looked at him in shock but he took the stone from his hands. He hesitated but he soon nodded.

Shuichi promised, "I will protect it for Albedo's sake." Byleth smiled as they shook hands with each other. But that couldn't last for long, as they took off after the handshake.