Chapter 20: Glory To The Stars And The King

"The heroes are unbearable to deal with, Link was so insanely cocky for no reason..." King Amedeo groaned. He looked down at the campfire as Queen Lily walked in. "Did you happen to find anything Lily?"

"Not much, other than... well... It seems like I got a hold of the location of the World Tree," Queen Lily replied. King Amedeo looked up and turned around in shock. "That's right, the tree that grants the people of Dawn all life. That tree has a location and I found it. It isn't some legend, the tree is very real."

King Amedeo grunted, "How certain are you that the tree exists?! Dawn is a place filled with surprises! It wouldn't surprise me if it were actually a hoax."

"It is not a hoax Amedeo! The tree's goal is to protect the heroes!" Queen Lily replied. King Amedeo scoffed and turned around. "Fine! Be my guest! Just take a look at that pile of books, will you?" King Amedeo didn't reply as Queen Lily stormed out of the room.

Once she had left King Amedeo looked over toward the stack of books and went to check it out. There was one about the legend of The World Tree and another being about... the dawn's destiny war itself. King Amedeo was conflicted, what was a book like that doing in Lily's hands? He grabbed it and started flipping through the pages.

"The war was a feisty war that had the believers of Erica and the believers of Michael fight to the death. There was constant hellfire all around, it is difficult to tell if anyone who's lived a long time recalls the events or even survived it. The war began as a way to retaliate against the Erica believers for the 'stars.' Those stars were born into Erica's hands before each of them was transformed to work under the command of Michael.

They had one goal in mind and that was to bring the world to a full closure. Those people were close to succeeding but in reality all of them were slain under the hands of the Erica believers, who all triumphed over them. However, many say that those stars re reincarnated in order to be better people. Some even say that those stars... are Team Hero," King Amedeo stood there staring at the book in disbelief.

He closed the book and stood there in shock. He didn't know what else to say, but soon he took a moment to take a breather. "The heroes could've been reincarnated to become better people!? THOSE PEOPLE OUT OF ALL PEOPLE!? They nearly caused the end of the world!? Oh... I'll show them, they will be stopped before they do something horrible..." King Amedeo shook his head and wrote something down. Then he grabbed the book regarding the World Tree.

He opened it up and started looking through the book. He couldn't stop thinking about the possibility of the heroes being the same stars that tried to bring the world to end two thousand years ago. That didn't make sense at all, in fact it made less and less sense the more he thought about it. But it also... made sense to him.

The heroes came here searching for Queen Bailey and yet they were terrorizing the castle. He felt enraged about the entire situation and knew he was just played by the heroes. However, he couldn't figure out what else was strange about them. He kept flipping through the pages of the book when he suddenly spotted a unique piece of information about the so called "World Tree"

"The World Tree is known as the tree of all life in Dawn. If you were to drink its water you will be healed of any wounds. However, that's not the only thing it can do. It can bless certain individuals with destiny, or it can curse individuals with foretold futures. The World Tree does everything in its power to protect the people but to give as well.

If one were to kill The World Tree, all life on Dawn will begin to collapse, slowly before collapsing at rapid speeds. However, the World Tree is said to have been blessing the heroes as a guidance to the Legend Stones. Ancient artifacts hidden away in the Temple of Tundra; however, this is all unconfirmed," King Amedeo slammed the book shut and felt anger building up in his body.

He started writing things down about what the heroes are doing. More importantly, they were after the Legend Stones. At least, were going to be after the Legend Stones. Those are precious artifacts to the Temple of Tundra, and King Amedeo didn't like a single bit about them going after those artifacts.

King Amedeo ranted, "If those heroes think they're sOoO special for nearly tearing apart the world and are NOW being blessed to go after the Legend Stones? They're dead wrong, those stones belong to me and ME ONLY! I'm the one who's supposed to get those stones. And I'll be sure to destroy each and every ONE OF YOU." He stabbed his pencil into the paper and turned around to the fireplace.

He stood there staring as the fire burned quietly. Then he looked at the paper he had just stabbed with his pencil. He took a deep breath and brushed himself off. Then he walked over to the fireplace. He took out a piece of paper and smiled.

"I'll be shredding paper in your name... just to make things clear, you heroes will be destroyed. You will bring ruin to the fantasy realm which I cannot allow. You will be stopped and you will not fulfill your wishes of getting those Legend stones..." Then he ripped up paper, in total he ripped up twenty pieces of paper. Representing all the members that were alive.

He dusted himself off and looked down at the scraps of paper that were burning in the fire. He turned around and put his hand on his chest as he looked up toward the top shelf above the door. It was a photograph of someone, but King Amedeo looked down upon himself.

"If they aren't going to be stopped... then I'll go ahead and kill the World Tree itself..." King Amedeo giggled as he walked out of the room. He couldn't stop thinking about how he would find a way to kill the heroes. The heroes had always disgusted him, but he wished death upon them now. He didn't care about anything, if they didn't die, he would kill the tree for them to die.

He simply didn't bat an eye to the possibility of all life ending on Dawn. Causing the planet to die itself, he just wanted the heroes dead. Even if it did cause the entire end of Dawn itself.