Chapter 140: Knowing What Stands At The Edge

"DON'T BACK DOWN EVERYONE!" Sonic shouted. They all landed on the ground and looked around the surrounding area. There were corrupt meteors slamming all over the ground. The ground was far worse than ever before to traverse through. The heroes looked at each other as they dashed together to the center. Dodging each of the corruption meteors the best they could.

Micaiah and Zhongli worked together to stop them from hitting the ground as the heroes kept running through the destroyed ruins. This was no longer a fight with fear because they had each other and they were the saviors of Dawn. They had Salvador's miracle with them, Liberation could never take away their bonds and ties with each other, more importantly; he could never take away their courage.

"WATCH OUT!" Eula shouted as she pulled Furina away from a meteor. They landed on each other but were safe. Chrom dashed to help them up as more kept crashing down from the skies. They looked up toward the skies and instead of the purple it was shifting to black, it wasn't because of night... no, the planet was on its way to dying.

"STEP IT UP EVERYONE!!" Kirby screamed out. The heroes all gathered on their feet and then dashed their way to the foundation. Instead of stopping they dashed right past it, it was now in complete ruins from when they last saw it.

"GODS!" Chrom shouted. He stopped as he fell to the ground. Micaiah ran over toward him and pulled him up, helping him run after the heroes. Each of them felt their bodies growing more and more intense, but each moment counted. The World Tree was on its path to dying. The heroes were its only hope and would they succeed? There was no telling at this rate.

Zhongli ordered, "YOU HEROES HAVE FOUGHT FOR THIS LONG TO GIVE UP?! YOU LET LIBERATION TAKE YOUR POWERS BUT HE WILL NEVER GET RID OF THE MORE IMPORTANT PARTS OF WHAT CREATES YOU TO BE A HERO!" Micaiah nodded firmly as the heroes just stared at him before turning toward Byleth.

Byleth replied, "He's right... We've fought for so long to go against Liberation so we could stand tall against him. I know how rough this entire journey must've been for all of you. But we're all here for a reason, because we're continued by fate and the will of the lives of Dawnians. We're the heroes serving the people, not the gods. WE MADE THIS REBELLION FOR A REASON SO LET'S LEAD IT!"

"H-How are we going to lead something like this?! We were far more confident when we had our powers but we have nothing with us now!" Celica yelled. Byleth looked at each of the heroes as they dodged a corruption meteor.

Byleth demanded, "YOUR CONFIDENCE DOES NOT COME FROM YOUR POWERS! YOUR CONFIDENCE COMES FROM DEEP WITHIN YOU! THIS IS ALL CHEESY BUT YOU NEED TO LISTEN UP! WHO STOPPED THE WORLD DYING SIXTEEN YEARS AGO!? THAT WAS CHROM BUT WITH OUR BONDS WE DID IT TOGETHER!"

"We did that together... I know for a fact that was a powerful moment for us all, we're running carelessly but we're running with honor despite all that recklessness... I know you all very well, especially the first seven members, we've been together for so long. I would like to go back to Mario, he would've told us to stand up and fight for the people. Approving our rebellion knowing the gods don't control us, WE CONTROL OURSELVES!" Chrom shouted as he lifted his sword into the air.

Byleth sighed, "The definition of a hero is one who is filled with courage, strength, ingenuity but you know what fulfills that role that overcomes the obstacle in those paths. But you know what else? Someone who is willing to stand up for the people more than an ordinary person would. We're doing this together, standing up for the people against the strongest force..." He looked down at himself and closed his eyes. "So... are you courageous or what?"

"WE STARTED THIS REBELLION WE'RE GOING TO FIGHT IT AND MAKE SURE THAT LIBERATION DOESN'T WIN THIS FIGHT!!" The heroes all shouted. Byleth gently smiled at them before facing toward the location of the World Tree. He felt himself finally fulfilling his role as the team leader of Dawn. He was feeling more confident in his abilities, knowing that even with everything he has done... he can lead everyone.

Chrom asked, "Is something on your mind Byleth?" Byleth jumped and looked toward Chrom. He shook his head as he looked toward the distance. "I know this is a tough thing to lead but-"

"It may be tough but I believe in ourselves, I know we can save this planet from the destruction that is arriving. We're weak, but we still have the guts and the wits to fight Liberation. He may have our strength and our legend stones but he doesn't know how to use them as well as we do," Byleth explained as he crossed his arms. Chrom nodded as he patted Byleth's back.

Chrom encouraged, "You've grown a lot as a person Byleth. Mario would be very proud of you knowing you're leading the team with a good cause. All of our fallen allies will be as well, because we're forever going to be united no matter what hardships will end up coming toward us." Byleth nodded as the heroes walked by his side. Byleth looked at each of them and smiled gently at them.

"You've shown us so much of how we can stand up for anything and everything. It is hard to do that, you should feel honored," Lumine said with a gentle smile. Byleth nodded as he raised his sword up.

Byleth sighed, "The World Tree is the source of life and the source of everything good to happen to someone. The gods are at fault for everything horrible that's overcome each and everyone of us. They force us to suffer, they force us to be their servant. But this ends, this... WILL END!!!" Byleth spun around before using his sword to launch into the air. Kirby threw the banner up toward Byleth, he grabbed it and struck it up with the moon. Showing that nobody will stop them no matter what.