Chapter 25: Future Time Struck

"KEEP RUNNING!!" Someone shouted. The group kept on running through the forest, becoming more and more panicked as King Amedeo chased after them.

King Amedeo ordered, "YOU SWINES! MORE HEROES ARE JUST GOING TO RUIN MY PLANS!" The group looked over as King Amedeo jumped onto the ground. He was beyond furious and was wanting to murder the group. That group in question? Team Hero of the future.

"You all keep running and don't stop MOVING!" Lucina ordered. She looked on her phone where her step-father texted her about her biological father's situation. She brought Morgan alongside her in order to ensure that they're all together.

Marissa asked, "So... you're the villain who is constantly tormenting the heroes?!" King Amedeo stood there staring at the group as they got ready to fight.

King Amedeo asked, "I'm the villain here? You must be mistaken... I am no villain, in fact I never was a villain. You vermin just want to admit that those 'heroes' are in the right and that I am in the wrong. Well... you're here to listen to an answer to that question... No."

"You sent some sort of shadow minions that look identical to the heroes to place a curse on my father! I'm certain of it!" Lucina yelled. King Amedeo looked at her and shook his head.

King Amedeo sighed, "You're the daughter of the Exalt Chrom. He said to retire this year so while he retires... we kill him off. Sweet deal isn't it?"

"No it isn't! He wishes to retire in peace and we will ensure he will!" Morgan yelled. King Amedeo looked at him and rolled his eyes. The other heroes all stood there nervously together, as King Amedeo turned away from them.

Eirika whispered, "What does he want from us?..."

"My only guess is that he wants us to give up the location of the heroes... or something else entirely..." Ivy whispered. The heroes all stood there in silence as King Amedeo looked down at himself.

King Amedeo laughed, "If you are so lucky to find the heroes, do not hesitate to alert me of their whereabouts..."

"We will never do that! NEVER!" Susie shouted. King Amedeo rolled his eyes as he began to walk away.

Lucina muttered, "Seems like he doesn't wish to fight..."

"I do not wish to fight simply because you are not the heroes I am searching for. But I will find them and ensure that they are all murdered..." King Amedeo whispered. The heroes all stood there in silence as he disappeared from the scene.

Hu Tao groaned, "Great... right as I retire from working at the funeral parlor, we get thrown tons of other problems."

"Oh it won't be so bad, we all worked together at some point, even time traveled together! It won't be the end of the world!" Peach giggled. The heroes nodded as they continued walking over to where the heroes were located. "Are you certain you're able to find Exalt Chrom, Lucina?"

Lucina replied, "Yeah... my step-father texted us the location of where they are so I'm sure they haven't moved from that spot..."

"Nice to hear that they're closeby, apparently I've heard quite a lot about Lily Dawn," Panette sighed. The heroes all nodded as Lucina put her phone away. Then they came across the destruction of... Lily Dawn.

Frye questioned, "Hey, what's up with Lily Dawn anyways?! Why does it look like it was burned to the ground?"

"Um... I'm not sure, but maybe the heroes know what happened?" Ganyu replied while looking around. The heroes kept on walking in the forest, trying to spot the heroes or if they could figure out the reasoning behind why Lily Dawn appeared the way it did.

Lucina whispered, "Wait... there they are, that's their campsite." The heroes nodded as they slowly walked over to the campsite. "Father?" Then they heard rustling as Claude opened the tent.

"Lucina?- Did you bring all your hero allies?" Claude questioned. Lucina nodded as Morgan waved. Claude smiled at everyone as they all waved back. "Just let the heroes know in the morning you're all here. If you wish to come to our tent Lucina and Morgan, you're welcome to."

Lucina sighed, "I do, I am so worried about Father." Claude nodded as he let the two in. As for the other heroes they chatted with each other as sunrise was just coming soon. "Father?" Chrom looked up and saw Lucina and Morgan sitting there with Claude.

Chrom asked, "L-Luci! I'm so surprised you and Morgan are here! What's going on?"

"We wanted to check on you, see if everything is alright with you," Morgan replied. Chrom took a deep breath and looked down at himself. Morgan and Lucina saw the black marking on Chrom's face and hugged him tightly.

Lucina asked, "Do you feel sick?"

"No... I'm just... tired," Chrom replied.

Morgan muttered, "Well that can't be any good, you can't be tired even if you did sleep."

"I think it's an effect of the curse, we want to try to find a way to cure the curse but we're not sure if we have someone who knows of a way to cure the spell," Claude replied.

Lucina sighed, "I think the priestess Micaiah can help with the curse. But... I don't know where she is..."

"Ah, well thanks for letting us know of someone," Claude said with a smile. Lucina nodded as she smiled back at him.

Chrom sighed, "Sunrise is close, I am just ready to find the legend stones and figure out what is up with this blue marking in my hair..."

"Oh! I didn't even see that marking before!" Lucina gasped. Chrom giggled as the rest of them giggled as well.