Chapter 51: Fulfilled Star

"I... I can't believe my eyes. All this time I thought about Chrom not leaving us but then... it does end up happening..." Byleth whispered as he stood there staring at the temple. Micaiah walked over to Byleth as he looked at his communicator.

Micaiah asked, "Is he alive?"

"It's gray, his communicator is broken. There's no telling but I'm certain... he's far gone now," Byleth whispered. Micaiah took a deep breath and rubbed Byleth on the back gently.

Micaiah whispered, "I'm so sorry for your lost heroes. It must be rough knowing so many people are gone."

"I don't get it, first it was Hajime and now it's Chrom!? I can't..." Byleth put his hands toward his mouth as the other heroes looked at one another.

Kirby muttered, "He did all he could Byleth... Sorry but he's far gone now. I just hope he rests easy." the heroes nodded as they looked back toward the other heroes. However, Chrom's family wasn't doing so well.

Byleth walked over to the Exalt Family and asked, "Do you guys need a moment?"

"Please..." Claude muttered. Byleth nodded as all the heroes walked ahead. Lucina, Morgan looked at Claude as he stood there staring at the rubble. "Seems like... we're not going to die together happily..."

Lucina whispered, "You promised to stay alive for a while! Why must you do this to yourself?!" Lucina looked down at herself while clearing her tears. Claude just quietly sobbed right there.

"Father..." Morgan muttered as he cleared his tears. The group all stood there staring at the rubble. Then they all walked over back to the heroes.

Byleth sighed, "Let me know if you guys need anything. I know how rough it is to know that Chrom is gone but you guys will stand tall for him. I know we will and you guys should as well." Byleth gently smiled at them as the three nodded.

"Thanks for reassuring us Byleth, we're going to do just fine, I promise you..." Claude said with a small smile. Byleth nodded as he walked ahead of them. The three stood there in silence as they followed after Byleth.

Kirby asked, "Do you... know where we're heading to next?" Byleth got on the horse and sat there in silence. He could really only think of Chrom. The person he felt the most connected with... was gone. "Byleth?"

"Sorry... just thinking about Chrom is all," Byleth muttered. Alear slowly walked over to him and gently rubbed his back.

Alear sighed, "It's alright... you're going to make it and all of us will as well. We just need to make sure our leader is ready to move forward to a path of victory! All of us together as one!" The heroes all smiled as Byleth smiled back at them.

"We will do it together... in the name of Chrom!" Byleth cheered. The heroes all cheered as they continued walking. They looked around the area being surrounded by the strange yet calming aura of the fairy kingdom.

Claude whispered, "Chrom... I hope that you're resting easy now..." He looked down at his palms and nearly began to cry. However, Lucina and Morgan comforted him as they stuck together.

"Where are we heading next?" Celica questioned. Byleth opened up the map on his communicator and checked where they were and what they were going to do next.

Byleth sighed, "Since we need to continue our quest of finding Queen Bailey we need to head to the Ice Kingdom. That's the kingdom that's closest to here..." The heroes nodded as they kept on walking.

"Um... do you guys know what these Legend Stones will do for us?" Marianne questioned. The heroes all shook their heads as Marianne stood there staring down at it.

Byleth answered, "Whatever these stones are here for. I'm certain they're going to be good in the long term." The heroes all smiled and kept on walking. They were getting further and further away from the Temple of Tundra. At least, what it used to be.

Micaiah asked, "What about these other stones? They don't belong to us..."

"I guess we have to use them just in case. Here put them in my bag," Byleth explained as he pulled out a leather bag. Micaiah nodded as she placed her stone in the bag. Marth and Ivy did as well as Byleth closed it up. He took a deep breath and continued walking.

Celica asked, "Don't we need clothing to fit in with the winter weather?"

"I think we're going to do just fine," Byleth said with a small smile. Celica nodded as they continued walking down the pathway. Soon they started seeing that the pathway was shifting to being normal to icey.

Eula sighed, "Here we are... the Ice Kingdom. Not sure how I feel about this place..." Byleth felt the snowflakes on him and looked down at himself. "Byleth?"

"Hm?"

"You need to focus, you can't continue to mope around due to Chrom's death. We all feel the same but we didn't act this way when Hajime died as well!" Link ordered. Byleth looked at him before nodding slowly.

Byleth sighed, "My thoughts are all over the place. I apologize for everything..." The heroes nodded slowly as they looked around the ice forest a little more.

"Brr! This place is freezing!" Hu Tao laughed. The other heroes laughed as Celica and Veyle casted a warming circle around them.

Veyle said with a smile, "We should be good to go... Lead the Way Byleth!" Byleth nodded as he ordered the horse to dash ahead. The heroes soon followed after him.